Welcome to the Ecosystem lechyid Digidol Cymru / Digital Health Ecosystem Wales
We are delighted to welcome the Ecosystem lechyid Digidol Cymru / Digital Health Ecosystem Wales (DHEW), as our newest member of the International Connected Health Ecosystem Network. The first gathering took place on Tuesday March 6 in Cardiff, Wales.
The mornings agenda provided a number of interesting and inspiring inputs from key stakeholders, each also confirming their commitment to the DHEW.
- Ifan Evans, Deputy Director, Technology Innovation & Strategy
- Cari-Anne Quinn, Interim CEO, Life Science Hub Wales Introduction
- Bleddyn Rees, Deputy Chair, European Connected Health Alliance
- Piret Hirv, Manager Health Technology Division, Science Park Technopol, Estonia
- Gary Bullock, Director, NHS Wales Informatics Service
- Dyfan Searell, Elidir Health Wales Digital Showcase
ECHAlliance Deputy Chair, Bleddyn Rees, welcomed the DHEW to the network and he provided an insightful presentation on the growing international ecosystem network and the potential for real and effective collaborations across Europe and beyond.
Piret Hirv, Estonian Connected Health Cluster and the Estonian Ecosystem, sharing the impressive successes of their digitally advanced country.
The afternoon provided the opportunity to focus on the challenge of ‘Hospital Resource Tracking’. The approach included a series of ‘Health Board Market Stalls’ and meetings with solution providers (SMEs).
The scale of the ‘Hospital Resource Tracking’ challenge was clearly outlined by an impressive panel of Health Care professionals, including:
- Richard Hier, NWIS NWIS – Primary Care Services
- Karen Winder, Cwm Taf University Health Board
- Wayne Goodfield, Cwm Taf University Health Board
- Helen Dinham, Aneurin Bevan Health Board
- Owain Williams, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health
The intention is to bring other important health challenges to the ecosystem gathering and provide an opportunity to learn about and share innovative solutions.
More detail on Digital Health Ecosystem Wales will be available soon.
Congratulations and thanks to all involved in making the Digital Health Ecosystem Wales possible