Christian Estrosi, the Major of Nice, has made the issue of Health one of his major priorities.
With respect to this, the City of Nice has directed its efforts towards improving the quality of life of its inhabitants:
1. Since 2015 has implemented an innovative health policy to address arising health challenges
2. Incorporated the Health sector into the territorial economic development strategy
3. Implemented an elaborated offer to coordinate Health services providers to address the following matters:
• To engage cohorts of beta-testers citizens
• Create innovation hubs
• Develop an ecosystem facilitating the deployment of applied innovative solutions
Today the City of Nice intents to take up the first « Challenge for a Nice Life » Initiative.
The Challenge will be launched on the evening of June, 27th, 2018, in parallel with the business Health convention ElwT (European Technological Health Institute) of which the City is a network partner. Locally elected representatives along with key account partners will present their pioneering, cutting-edge or even offbeat visions of the “HEALTH SMART CITY”. These proposals will ultimately cover two major issues:
« Challenge for a Nice Life »… a contest, an engagement, a creed
> The challenge
The Smart city evolution involves individuals sensoriality.
That last intends to facilitate interactions between the exterior world and citizens so that they are able to face, to anticipate, to sense and to foresee everyday challenges.
> The objective
To create a partnership between local innovative ecosystem and key account decision makers.
> The agenda
1. During the evening of June, 27th, 2018, the representatives of the City of Nice will present the territorial HEALTH SECTOR strategy, the very fundamental condition of the citizen well being. After the official opening by the Major of the City, M. CH. ESTROSI, the key sector players will be invited to debate on strategic axes defined by the Major of the City and his team, in terms of:
• Residential issues
• Management of chronic Disease Management (Cancer, AIDS, Diabetes, etc.)
2. The conclusions from their debate along with the key messages will be taken up during the evening and directed at health sector players then cascaded to respectively local, regional and European ecosystems.
3. During the 4th quarter of 2018 two-days event will gather candidates dealing with the above issues. They will submit value propositions to key decision makers. At the end of the meeting sponsors will select projects into which they wish to invest an amount of 10.000-50.000 EUR.
4. Subsequently, during the 2nd Round (Challenge for a Nice Life 2019),the sponsor partner will present details of their proposals on how to improve earlier approaches and earlier development perspectives.
> The partners
🕈 City of Nice, Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, Team Côte d’Azur, Métropole Nice Côte d’Azur, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Université Côte d’Azur.
🕈 The combined local, regional and European Health Ecosystem: business leaders, SMES, startups, patient associations, foundations, health organisations and socio-medical initiatives
🕈 European networks (EITHealth, ECHAlliance ), just to quote a few…
From June 25 to 29, 2018, the City of Nice will host EIT Health event, of which the City is an active associate.
In short, over 170 decision makers, members of the European Health Institute of Technology Management Board, Health sector companies data scientists, will meet at a Convention organised on the “Côte d’Azur” , to assist at launching the first Challenge for a Nice Life…For more information and to register contact firstname.lastname@example.org