Estonian Startup Support Organizations are offering help for Ukraine
Startup Estonia has gathered together the local startup networks offers for Ukrainians. Estonia stands firmly with Ukraine and is prepared to offer safety to Ukrainians fleeing the war. Estonian startup support organizations are doing their part by offering free services, workspaces and other solutions towards the affected Ukrainians.
- EdTech Estonia – 12 (and counting) Estonian EdTech companies are offering their solutions for free to Ukrainians in Ukraine and refugees. Many of the solutions are also available in Ukrainian.
- Edukoht is offering programming courses for Ukrainian war refugee children aged 10-17. Their goal is to help children integrate into Estonian society and develop useful skills for future employment. Feel free to write to Julia, EDUKOHT FB, EDUKOHT Instagram and they will answer you within 48h.
- Hugo Legal – to support Ukrainians in this screaming injustice that is taking place in their homeland, HUGO is uniting the power of its lawyers and offering free legal help to all the Ukrainian refugees who find their way to Estonia.
- kood/Jõhvi – a new international coding school located in Eastern-Estonia, offers refugees from Ukraine the possibility to come and learn at kood/Jõhvi with a scholarship and accommodation provided by us for the whole 2-year program. During the program, participants will get to know people, businesses and job opportunities of our 30+ partners (Bolt, SEB, LHV, Wise, Pipedrive). The refugees applying still need to go through the application process as everyone else.
- Latitude59 – our flagship startup conference has launched tickets to support Ukraine. The entire sales revenue of these tickets as well as the Fienta’s fee will be donated to Mondo MTÜ who will be delivering humanitarian aid to Ukraine.
- LIFT99 Tallinn offers up their office space, network and general help on any other topic to those who need it – contact: email@example.com
- Palo Alto Club offers free workspace for all refugees in need of a place to work.
- Rendin, the home rental platform offers reliable rental agreements (in English, Russian, and Estonian) for free usage. It’s aimed at local landlords who’d like to give their property without fee/with a symbolic cost as a living space for the Ukrainian people. Also, both parties, the landlord and the tenant, are welcome to ask for free legal consulting about rental agreements and tenancy relations.
- Startup Wise Guys – Since the first days of the war, they have been continuously updating this resources page about multiple countries (accommodation, legal support, transport support, job offers, etc.) Also, together with other various initiatives, they are collecting job offers and matching those with Ukrainians looking for new jobs through jobs4ukraine.
- Tehnopol is prepared to host refugees in their campus premises and is giving one-on-one support to their current Ukrainian business partners. They are planning to launch 2 new training programs: 1) pre-incubation bootcamp for idea-stage entrepreneurs on how to start a business in Estonia + mentoring; 2) business support program for already established companies on how to set up/relocate your business in Estonia + mentoring. Both programs are free of charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The World With Ukraine platform unites people around the world to come up with and build solutions. You’re welcome to submit your own idea, let them know about existing initiatives looking for extra manpower or join a project you’re passionate about. To ensure ideas get implemented as fast as possible, they are offering ongoing mentoring, development support, and financing. For the safety of the solutions and participants, The World With Ukraine is teaming up with identity verification company Veriff.
- VIVITA Creativity Accelerator for the Children and Youth is looking to employ up to 3 people from Ukraine (product designer, tech teacher, electronics engineer). Once Ukrainian speaking employees have joined the team, VIVITA is opening their doors for 8-14 year old Ukrainian refugee children.
- Workland is helping Ukraine’s entrepreneurs to get settled in the Baltics by offering their premises without any cost. Whether it’s a hot desk or a virtual office solution they might need. For further information, please contact email@example.com
Also, check out this page by Invest in Estonia and Work in Estonia covers basic information on arriving and staying in Estonia (FAQ), and you’ll find an inquiry form for specific immigration or business-related topics.