Digital Health & Wellness Summit 2022 at MWC & 4YFN hosts yet another successful event, underpinning a growing maturity of the sector. The Summit accommodated 800+ experts from 74 countries.
DHWS22 highlight video:
Join us at the DHWS22 to:
Meet the key healthcare leaders, providers and clinicians to understand their roadmap in terms of investment and deployment;
Discover the latest innovative digital solutions for health and wellness;
Identify business opportunities and projects;
Share your knowledge and learn from a community of digital health experts from across the world.
4YFN is the most influential startup programme in the world
4YFN is the home of the growing global tech startup community, creating lasting connections among startups, investors and corporations
4YFN is an event of MWC Barcelona, the premier event for the global mobile industry
2 March 2022
Agora Stage, Hall 6 - Fira Gran Via
Welcome and introduction
- Julien Venne, Board Director at ECHAlliance and at The Digital Health Society – France – View Presentation HERE
- Karolina Mackiewicz, Innovation Director at ECHAlliance – Finland
- Andy Bleaden, Community Director at ECHAlliance – United Kingdom
TRACK | A TRUSTWORTHY DIGITAL HEALTH
Data & AI for Health: practices and innovation/privacy dilemma (panel session)
Health data spaces, rules for a better governance, respect of patient’s privacy, etc. Number of initiatives are currently emerging across the world to build a better data environment solving the dilemma between unleashing and governing logics. AI has transformed number of practices in most of the medicine domains. On the road to maturity, solutions appear around the ethics of AI, the lifecycle management and its explainability.
- Sébastien Ziegler, Chair of Europrivacy International Board of Experts in Data Protection & Director of Mandat International foundation – Switzerland – View Presentation HERE
- Francisco Lupiañez, Partner at Open Evidence | PredictBY – Spain
- Kaveh Safavi, Senior Managing Director – Consulting, Global Health at Accenture – USA – View Presentation HERE
- Jordi Barretina, CEO at Germans Trias i Pujol Research Institute (IGTP) – Spain
The World Health Oragnization (WHO) vision (fireside chat)
- Sameer Pujari, Global Digital health Strategy & Governance acting director at WHO – Switzerland
Break & networking
TRACK | A MATURE DIGITAL HEALTH MARKET | PART 1 : VISION & ROADMAP
All health players across the world have deployed strategies and massive investment plans for the next decade around health and its digital transformation. In part 1, we will listen and learn about the vision and plans of key opinion leaders in the digital health sector at global and European level.
The investor’s vision (fireside chat)
The post-crisis time is generating large investments in digital heath ventures. What are the views of an investor about the market, its evolution these last 2 years and the arising opportunities?
- Sara Secall, General Partner at Inveready – Spain
The USA vision (fireside chat)
- Ann Mond Johnson, CEO at American Telemedicine Association – USA – View Presentation HERE
The European vision
The EU 2021-2027 general budget and Recovery & Resilience fund will widely support the purchase of digital health solutions. European and national policy-makers will explain their priorities.
- Louisa Stüwe, Project lead French EU Presidency at Ministry of Health – France – View Presentation HERE
- Karolina Mackiewicz, Innovation Director at ECHAlliance – Finland – View Presentation HERE
- Overview of the EU Next Generation programme
Lunch break & networking
TRACK | TRANSFORMING HEALTH
The Hospital of the Future (keynote address)
The role and the organisation of hospitals are deeply changing. To support this digital transformation, new models and technologies are penetrating the walls of the hospital.
- Miguel Pera, Chief Medical Officer and Chair of Surgery en Hospital del Mar – Parc de Salut MAR – Spain – View Presentation HERE
Supporting the digital patient (keynote address)
An overview of the current global digital health landscape, including key statistics for health apps and mobile healthcare, the main barriers to using and adopting digital health tools, regulations in the digital health space, and how assessment and accreditation processes can help to overcome some of the challenges faced by cutting through the noise
- Fiona Costello, Vice President of National Accreditations at ORCHA – United Kingdom – View Presentation HERE
The future of personalized health and supercomputing (keynote address)
Computing capacities have increased exponentially these last years. This has led in the medical field to breakthrough discoveries opening a series of new opportunities for innovative treatments and services to patients.
- Alfonso Valencia, ICREA Research Professor & BSC Life Sciences Dept. Director at Barcelona Supercomputing Centre – Spain – View Presentation HERE
A new era of personalized treatment, neurotwin: meet the digital copy of your brain (keynote address)
The successful implementation of deeptech could propel a big step forward in the treatment of neurological diseases. “Digital twins” is a term used in industry to describe the development of almost exact replicas of different products for monitoring purposes and add-ons testing. In this presentation we will introduce the concept of personalised hybrid brain models. Using neuroimaging data to build a model that recapitulates the networks and the dynamical landscape of the individual brain. ”
- Ana Maiques, CEO at Neuroelectrics – Spain – View Presentation HERE
Break & networking
TRACK | A MATURE DIGITAL HEALTH MARKET | PART 2: 2022 BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
All health players in the world have deployed massive investment plans for the next decade around health and its digital transformation. In this 2nd part, we will showcase specific business opportunities to address in 2022.
2022 EU Business opportunities: the ECHAlliance roadshow
Get the latest information about upcoming tenders and contracts across Europe from regional governments, insurers, hospitals, etc.
- Jonathan Gómez Raja, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer at FundeSalud (Extremadura – Spain Government) – Spain – View Presentation HERE
- Toni Masi, Chief Information Operation at Blood and Tissue Bank – Spain – View Presentation HERE
- Dr Marco Inzitari, MD, PhD, Director of Integrated Care and Research at Parc Sanitari Pere Virgili – Spain – View Presentation HERE
- Joan Guanyabens, Consultant TIC Salut Social Foundation at Citricat – Spain – View Presentation HERE
Conclusion & Closing
- Julien Venne, Board Director at ECHAlliance and at The Digital Health Society – France
Next year 4YFN, will be again at the heart of MWC Barcelona at Fira Gran Via. This means that all MWC Barcelona 2022 tickets give you access to the full 4YFN startup event experience.
ECHAlliance have special discounted registration.
Become a partner
Become a partner to increase your opportunities to raise your profile and showcase your products, services and innovations, meet other innovators, investors and buyers. Find other business opportunities and associate your brand to a leading international innovation event.
Please contact Beatriz through the button bellow for more information
Check DHWS 2021 edition:
Learn more about the speakers, sessions, attendees and highlights of the day. Check the photo gallery and interesting speakers interviews.