Europeans’ attitudes towards vaccination
29 April 2019
While vaccination policy is a competence of national authorities, the EU plays a role in coordinating policies and programmes in this area.
In response to the threat to public health posed by outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases, the EU is taking action to strengthen cooperation.
The survey asks questions about:
• Europeans’ perceptions of vaccine-preventable diseases and of the perceived effectiveness of vaccines,
• Europeans’ experiences with vaccination,
• levels of Europeans’ knowledge about the effects of vaccines,
• attitudes regarding the importance of vaccinations,
• Europeans’ sources of information about vaccines and the extent to which they trust them.
Read the full barometer report.