THE DHE DIGEST #3 is OUT! Digital Health Literacy
The DigitalHealthEurope (DHE) Digest #3 is now available at https://bit.ly/33U06k8 !
The third edition of the DigitalHealthEurope (DHE) digest is dedicated to digital health literacy. DHE has promoted several initiatives related to better citizen access & control of data. Use of ICT in health is increasingly common and is fast becoming mainstream. Advances in digital health literacy need to progress alongside this evolution in data and digital. Digital solutions that empower citizens to have access to their personal health data are central to supporting a shift in good health and care provision. They enable citizens to be actively engaged in prevention and treatment of their own, and others’ health and care.
The issue features a common agenda on advancing citizens’ access to their health data and sets nine lines of actions towards better digital health literacy:
- Keep things simple. Create simplicity of both of hardware and software, together with interface standardisation.
- Design and implement educational campaigns for all citizens concerning digital health literacy.
- Include digital health modules in university programmes/courses for medical doctors, nurses, and all other healthcare workers.
- Couple digital transformation with policies to tackle the digital divide/lack of digital literacy.
- Keep the conventional way(s) of accessing services alongside the digital means.
- Pay special attention to developing fully accessible technologies, with a clear focus on user usability.
- Focus on user-centred design. User-centred design is a cornerstone of a good digital health tool. It can be especially helpful when dealing with the current diverse range of digital and health literacy across generations.
- Allow and promote co-creation of digital solutions with health professionals and citizens/patients.
- Accelerate EU-wide digital literacy, including digital health literacy.
The digest also includes information about DHE funding support services and a feature of the DHE twinning project in the Research*EU magazine.
Sign up for the DHE Digest at: http://bit.ly/3ti81mM