BIOMATDB+ main objectives are:
- ASSESS existing knowledge on biomaterials to identify best practices for material databases
- SURVEY relevant stakeholders to gather the requirements of the platform
- DEVELOP an advanced database of biomaterials providing detailed information of all relevant properties and intuitive data analysis and visualisation for a variety of end users
- CREATE a label of biocompatibility to define the suitability of biomaterials for use in medical devices or advanced therapies to assist companies and SMEs to access markets
- LAUNCH a market place with digital advisors to support the decision process.
- DEMONSTRATE the database and marketplace usability and feasibility of the business model.
- INCREASE awareness and impact through communication and dissemination activities on the purpose of the project and the developed solutions.