The Merck research grants program is open to scientists in all career stages who are affiliated with any research-based institution, university or company.
In the first stage of the Research Grants applications process, applicants submit their application containing non-confidential information only. You may apply for more than one grant or submit your application for more than one category. If your application is successful, you are invited to submit a full proposal under confidentiality and join a deep-dive workshop. All applicants are informed about the decision of the selection committee.
In 2022, Merck is offering a series of research grants to stimulate innovative research in challenging areas of future importance. Grants of up to 500,000 € per year for up to 3 years are available in the areas as further specified below.
- Drug discovery – 3 grants comprising up to 500,000 €/year for 3 years with the option of extension.
- AI for predictive diagnostics & therapeutic target discovery – grant comprising between 100,000 – 300,000 $/year for 2 years with the option of extension
- Chemistry in the cloud – Rapid synthesis through automation – 1 grant comprising 100,000 €/year for 3 years
- Innovation within green chemistry – 1 grant comprising 100,000 € for 1 year with potential further collaboration
- Sustainability in healthcare R&D – 1 grant comprising 100,000 € for 1 year
Apply by 31 August.