Job Opportunity: Events & Social Media Manager
We are seeking an ambitious and Events and Social Media Manager to join our busy in-house marketing & Business Development team with responsibility for the operational delivery of the firm’s events and digital marketing.
Reporting to the Marketing Lead, you will be instrumental in managing the day-to-day implementation of our marketing activities across our digital platforms; and management of events.
The ideal candidate must be an enthusiastic team player, possess strong marketing and management skills and exhibit creative flair.
The Events and Social Media Manager must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in:
- Developing, organising, and providing support for events, receptions, conferences and seminars.
- Liaising with partners and event organisers to manage our presence at trade shows
- Support the development and implementation of digital marketing campaigns
- Create and optimise content for social media accounts including LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube etc
- Manage communities across all social media, to increase engagement and build our audience
- Proof reading content to ensure content is free from grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors and optimised to digital best practice
- Supporting the Marketing Manager and wider team on ad hoc projects
- Drive internal communications to assist in building a cohesive and well-informed working environment in conjunction with HR.
- Manage a budget to ensure value for money and ROI across all media
- Provide regular reporting on activities against ROI.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a marketing role working in a technology, healthcare or professional services environment.
- Proven digital experience
- Experience using social media platforms and management tools
- Pro-active team player
- Ability to prioritise and maintain a flexible approach
- Organised and process-driven approach
- Excellent written and oral communicator
- Strong work ethic and service orientation.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload, work independently and as a member of teams, and complete tasks under time pressure as necessary.
- Ability to maintain poise, tact and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential; experience with Adobe is beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a marketing or business-related field but not essential.
This Job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job classification.
The firm has a set of values that represent the behaviours we require from all staff within the firm. Incorporated within this framework are our core values of;
- Honesty and integrity
- Open to change
- Pursuit of excellence
- Support of others
The successful candidate will be expected to evidence that they meet these core competencies during the interview process.
Due to the high volume of expected applications, we are not able to reply to unsuccessful applications. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of applying, please presume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Job Type: Full-time
- marketing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
If this sounds like a perfect role for you, please drop us an email at [email protected] with a covering letter and your CV telling us why. Don’t be shy, don’t leave your CV to do the talking, spell it out for us right from the start