Cardiff Capital Region Challenge Fund:
Funding and Support for Public Sector Driven Challenges
Date: Wednesday 18th November
Venue: Online Event
Targeting a Public Sector audience and specifically those active in the Cardiff Capital Region, this briefing event introduces the new £10m CCR Challenge Fund.
Attendees will hear from experienced practitioners from Innovate UK and Welsh Government, as well as leading academics from Cardiff University, our partners in delivering the fund. They will gain an insight into how Public Sector bodies can act as a catalyst for driving Challenge-led Innovation and importantly how the new CCR Challenge Fund package of support can be accessed to help tackle some of the big challenges facing society.
The CCR Challenge Fund aims to build local wealth through creating commercial opportunities for organisations across the CCR, by inviting them to propose solutions to challenges across three priority themes: accelerating decarbonisation, improving the health and wellbeing of the region’s citizens, and supporting, enhancing and transforming communities. The urgency of these priority themes has now been further intensified by the experience of Covid-19.
The fund is intended to help bring together challenges that require the public, private and perhaps third sectors to work together to find solutions. Key benefits will include:
• Opportunity to explore creative solutions to local economic challenges
• Investment to find and develop innovative solutions
• Improved local service delivery that benefits from tailored solutions
• New market creation and ability to ‘break through’ public procurement frameworks
• Potential for commercial solutions which can be scaled and sold both locally and beyond
• Local supply chain growth and development
If you’re unable to attend the event and would like to find out more.
Please visit the webpage www.cardiffuniversity.ac.uk/challengefund or email the CCR Challenge Fund team at CCRChallengeFund@cardiff.ac.uk