- This event has passed.
Valencia Health Ecosystem Gathering
13th April 2018
HEALTHY AGEING IN EUROPE. OPPORTUNITIES AND THE WAY AHEAD
CLOSING WORKSHOP OF THE FOCUS PROJECT
The present workshop has been conceived as part of the dissemination activities of the FOCUS project. Because the impact of the project cannot be separated from the environmental conditions, we have designed an agenda in which we aim at analysing important pieces of the European strategy to promote healthy ageing.
So, and considering that conditioning environment, one crucial step is represented by the decisive implication of Europe in the development of digital tools, which is being materialised in different ways, like for example, the digital single market.
In parallel, and because it is being consolidated as a general strategy of both the Commission and stakeholders, we have added the ecosystem concept as a model. The European Health Connected Alliance (ECHAlliance) exemplifies the clear interest to link both the digital world with the ecosystem concept, also underlined with the figure of the reference sites, which are crucial parts in the strategy of EIPAHA.
That framework will be updated, and subjected to debate, as a basis for critically reviewing the outcomes of Health European projects. We will present that of FOCUS in a session in which the impact of other already completed projects will come to light by their responsible investigators.
The whole agenda has been prepared to underline debate and critical analysis. This is why interventions have been given a very short time and a long debate will close each session.
We sincerely hope you will enjoy the workshop, and that at its conclusion, you will consider that the time spent to attend has been really useful.
The FOCUS Consortium.
Location: Sala de Juntas (3rd floor), Rectorado Building.
Av. Blasco Ibáñez 13, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Registration (FREE): It includes Coffee break and Lunch
8.00-08.30 h Registration
08.30-08.45 h: Welcome.
1st Part. The conditioning environment
08.45-10,45 h. First session.-
The digital single market as a new referent
Chair: Prof A. Cano.
· 08.45-08.55 h. ICT Platforms: any long-term use? The case of PKE-PSU from FOCUS. D Selma, A González-Segura.
· 08.55-09.05 The regional level: the case of Valencia (I2CV) J Sepúlveda
· 09.05-09.20 h. The view of the Commission. A Senn.
· 09.20-09.35 h. The blueprint and I2M. Where are we and where are we going?. JA Martínez Usero
· 09.35-10.05 h. What do stakeholders expect from an ICT platform?
o 09.35-10,00 h Patients
§ 09.35-09.45 h. Patients associations
· Fibromialgia. M. Roca
· Asindown. T Miedes
§ 09.45-10.00 h. Patients participating in FOCUS
· UK, H Gwyther
· Poland, D Kurpas
· Italy, D Azzolino
· Portugal, E Campos
· Spain, A Ortiz Fernández.
§ 10.00-10.05 h The view of companies, P Sala.
10.05-10.45 h Interactive Debate.
D Selma, A G Segura, J Sepúlveda, A Senn, J Martínez Usero, M Roca, M Miedes, H Gwyther, D Kurpas, D Azzolino, E Campos, A Ortiz, P Sala.
10.45-11.15 Networking coffee.
11.15-14.15 h 2nd session. ECOSYSTEMS, the new figures enabling interaction.
11.15-12,30 h, 1st half. The ECHAlliance ecosystems
Chair: J Apostolo
11.15-11.30 The background. D O’Connor
11.30-11.45 h ECHAlliance as a catalyst. The case of Oulu. N. Jansson.
11.45-12.00 h VLCHealth, the Valencia ecosystem
o Mental health: Map, steps and perspective –Z Valero Ramón
12.00-12.30 h the portrait of companies in VLCHealth
o Brainstorm, E Montesa
o Idieikon, M Alborg
o HOPES Ecosystem: A Martínez-Arroyo
o MySphera, J C Naranjo
12.30-2nd half. The Reference sites of EIPonAHA.
Chair: J Farrell.
12.30-12.45 Introduction: are RS being useful enablers in the actual framework? J Farrell
12.45-13.35 h. Different models define the present RS texture: what to learn and what to circumvent.
• 12.45-12.55 h Andalucía, Javier Peso.
• 12.55-13.05 h Basque country , Dolores Verdoy Berastegui
• 13.05-13.15 h Catalonia, Ramón Maspons Bosch
• 13.15-13.25 h Valencia, Javier Gámez.
13.25-14.15 h Ecosystems: what the future holds, an open debate.
D O’Connor, J Gámez, J Peso, Dolores Verdoy Berastegi , R Maspons Bosch, J Ferris, AM Arroyo.
14.15-15.00 h Lunch
The impact of health European projects
Chair: Prof C. Holland
15,00-15.50 h. The legacy of European projects
• CHRODIS. Antonio Sarria.
• POLIBIENESTAR. Tamara Alhambra & Jordi Garcés.
• ITACA UP . Vicente Traver
• SUNFRAIL M Barbolini
• IBV, Javier Ferris
• MISERICORDIA AMADORA, Adriano Fernandes.
• The legacy of FOCUS:
o Evidence, R Shaw
o Guidelines, B D’Avanzo
15.50-16.05 h The view of the European Commission (DG SANTÉ). I Keller.
16,05-16.30 h. Interactive debate.
A. Sarria, T Alhambra, J Garcés, B D’Avanzo, R Shaw, M Barbolini, J Ferris, I Keller.
SPEAKERS AND MEMBERS OF SESSION DEBATES
• Alborg, Miguel; Projects Manager, Idieikon, Valencia, Spain.
• Alhambra, Tamara; senior technical staff, Polibienestar Institute, University of Valencia, Spain.
• Apostolo, Joao; Professor Nursing School of Coimbra, Portugal.
• Azzolino, Domenico; researcher in nutrition, Milan, Italy.
• Barbolini, Mirca; senior project manager, Emilia Romagna regional Government, Italy.
• Campos, Elzbieta; researcher FOCUS, Nursing School of Coimbra, Portugal.
• Cano, Antonio; FOCUS project coordinator and Professor University of Valencia, Spain.
• D’Avanzo, Barbara; Mario Negri Institute, Milan, Italy.
• Farrell, John; LANUA International Healthcare Consultancy, Northern Ireland, UK.
• Fernandes, Adriano, Santa Casa da Misericordia Amadora, Lisboa, Portugal.
• Ferris, Javier; project promoter, IBV, Valencia, Spain.
• Gámez, Javier; Reference site Valencia, Spain.
• Garcés, Jordi; Professor University of Valencia and Príncipe Asturias Professor at Georgetown University, Director of the Polibienestar Institute, University of Valencia.
• Gwyther, Holly; researcher in ageing, Lancaster University, UK.
• Holland, Carol; Professor in Ageing, Lancaster University, UK.
• Jansson, Noora; Network Director, Oulu Health, Finland.
• Keller, Ingrid; Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency (CHAFEA) and DGSANTÉ, European Commission.
• Kurpas, Donata; researcher and responsible of workpackage in FOCUS project. Wroclaw University, Poland.
• Martínez Arroyo, Ana; Health Outcomes Ecosystem Manager, Health Econimics Specialist, MEDiadd, Spain.
• Martínez Usero, José Ángel; Responsible for International Affairs, Finka NU AB, Coordinator WE4AHA.
• Maspons Bosch, Ramón; Chief Innovation Officer, Agency for Health Quality and Assessment, Ministry of Health, Government of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain.
• Miedes, Teresa; Senior Officer, Asindown.
• Montesa, Ricard/Enric; Brainstorm Multimedia, Valencia, Spain.
• Naranjo, Juan Carlos; MySphera, Valencia, Spain.
• O’Connor, Damian; Director of Operations, European Connected Health Alliance.
• Ortiz Fernández, Ángel; researcher, University of Valencia, Spain.
• Peso, Javier; technical staff, Consejería de Salud, Junta de Andalucía, Spain.
• Roca, Mamen; president of the patient association on fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.
• Sala, Pilar; MySphera Co., Valencia, Spain.
• Sarria, Antonio; Escuela Nacional de Salud Pública Carlos III, Madrid, Spain.
• Selma, David; researcher in computing, EVERIS Spain.
• Senn, Arnaud; DGCONNECT, European Commission.
• Sepúlveda, José; coordinator IC2CV, Valencia, Spain.
• Shaw, Rachel; senior lecturer in Psychology, Aston University, UK.
• Traver, Vicente; ITACA Institute. Polytechnic University, Valencia, Spain.
• Valero Ramón, Zoe; ITACA Institute, Polytechnic University Valencia, UPV, Valencia, Spain.
• Verdoy Berastegi, Dolores; Project manager, Kronikgune, Bizkaia, Basque Country, Spain.