- This event has passed.
Health in the Digital Society. How digital tools and the eHealth agency can help improve Romania’s healthcare system performance and sustainability
23rd September 2019 @ 9:00 am - 1:30 pm
American Chamber of Commerce in Romania (AmCham Romania) and U.S. Embassy Romania will organize in Bucharest on September 23rd 2019 a conference on:
“Health in the Digital Society. How digital tools and the eHealth Agency can help improve Romania’s healthcare system performance and sustainability”.
Brian O’Connor will speak about “How to build a proper eHealth ecosystem in Romania” on 23 September at 11:15
The aim of this roundtable is to bring together the most important stakeholders of the healthcare system in Romanian in order to:
- Create a space for continuous dialogue regarding the establishment and implementation of the National Strategy on eHealth
- Binging together key officials and decision-makers, healthcare sector specialists, national and European experts in digitalization, medical technology and pharmaceutical sector researchers and decision makers, as well as healthcare sector business leaders to discuss the opportunities and challenges of the digital innovation in healthcare.
The specific goals of this event are focused on:
- Developing and implementing with priority the National Strategy for eHealth
- Next steps regarding establishing National Agency for Health Informatization;
- Next steps and best practices in eHealth tools: electronic registries;
- How can Romania build a solid digital ecosystem;
- Next steps, best practices and legislative framework for developing tele-medicine/tele-radiology;
- Digital communication, legislative challenges and next steps.
The core themes of the event are:
- National Agency for Health Informatization implemention;
- Informatics and digital tools to support value-based healthcare and collecting data for clinical practice (RWE): electronic registries;
- Better use of health data, in particular for research and innovation purpose;
- Digital transformation and change management in health and social care organizations;
- Policies needed to address key barriers in terms of patients’ access to therapies and development of a roadmaps.
Learn more about the event by accesing the Event Concept paper attached and event agenda.
Participation is open to AmCham Romania members, free of charge, based on prior confirmation online – please select the Register Now action in the event details section.