Europe – Africa Health Summit: ‘Improving Access through Telehealth’
26th May 2021 @ 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Both ECHAlliance and Africa Health Federation (AHF) represent the private healthcare ecosystem in Africa and in Europe respectively, with the objective of fostering a supportive policy environment and strengthening health infrastructure towards health for all.
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for a resilient and innovative healthcare infrastructure and that healthcare should be critically thought of as infrastructure just as much as traditional forms of infrastructure. We are adapting to the new digital environment that comes with an array of implications. While keeping our eye on ventilator procurement, hospital construction, and vaccine development, we must also enhance our engagement with virtual healthcare as telehealth becomes more relevant.
15.40: Chief Guests
- Dr. Margaret Agama-Anyetei, Head of Health, Nutrition & Population,Department of Social Affairs, African Union Commission
- Gabriella Fesus, Head of Unit, Social Inclusion and Protection, Health and Demography, European Commission, DG for International Partnerships
15.50: Expert Panel
- Dr. Charles Kamotho, Founder & CEO, Daktari Africa
- Emmanuel Blin, Founder & CEO, Tech Care for All
- Sheraan Amod, Founder & CEO, RecoMed
- Dr Margaret Whoriskey, Head of Technology Enabled Care and Digital Healthcare Innovation, Digital Health and Care Directorate
16.30: Roundup and Next Steps
This joint webinar will focus on the major plans and projects in healthcare infrastructure in Africa—focusing on of the critical evolution of digital transformation. The webinar will provide the opportunity for potential collaboration among European and Africa healthcare organizations