- This event has passed.
CONNECTINGHEALTH: Future Workshop on Virtual Clinical Trials
January 18 @ 09:30 – 11:00
Join us in the next CONNECTINGHEALTH future workshop focusing on “Virtual Clinical Trials.” The workshop will take place online on the 18th January 2023 from 9:30 to 11:00 CET. Register for it here and have your say on the future of health!
Together with Scottish Enterprise, join the Digital Health Skills & Workforce workshop – an interactive, multidisciplinary gathering aiming to generate a future vision for digital health towards the European agenda for 2030. As one of nine thematic workshops within the CONNECTINGHEALTH project, this collaborative, participatory gathering aims to explore the opportunities and challenges of digital health today while also finding innovative, whole-of-society solutions to create an ideal future scenario for digital health.
Virtual clinical trials (VCT) are a relatively new and underutilised method of conducting clinical research using technologies (apps, electronically monitoring devices, etc.) and online social engagement platforms.
During the workshop:
- Firstly, in a critique phase analysis, we will discuss: what are the barriers encountered today with regards to the subject matter? What are the enablers encountered today? What are the uncertainties (facilitating or hindering) that may occur in the future?
- Second, we will move into a group brainstorming session to imagine what digital health could look like with respect to the topic at hand if there were no constraints, plenty of resources, and no restrictive laws.
- Finally, we will propose suggestions for transforming the most promising ideas into future scenarios that could realistically be made possible, followed by the final recommendations and conclusions.
You don’t need to be an expert on the subject to participate. The goal of these workshops is to bring together multi-stakeholder perspectives to come up with creative solutions to the challenges.
The CONNECTINGHEALTH project is a preparatory action funded by the European Commission that aims to foster interconnected, inclusive innovation ecosystems across Europe while maximising the value of innovation in the sector of digital health. Over the course of 2 years, CONNECTINGHEALTH will comprehensively map digital health ecosystems in Europe and abroad, and facilitate open dialogue regarding the competitiveness of the digital health sector while complementary developing a joint long-term plan for action and investment.
Organiser: Scottish Enterprise
- Desmond Mansfield, Lead for Health Innovation Ecosystems, Scottish Enterprise (Connect on Linkedin and Twitter)
Desmond Mansfield leads on health innovation ecosystems for Scottish Enterprise as part of their Health for Wealth National Programme. He holds masters degrees in Physics and History and has spent the past decade working in economic development in England and Scotland.
- Sagarika Gnanaoilivu, Specialist at Scottish Enterprise (Connect on Linkedin)
Sagarika Gnanaolivu is a Specialist at Scottish Enterprise working within the Health for Wealth Team. For the past seven years, she has worked as a Researcher at Scottish Enterprise specialising in Life Sciences and supporting Scottish digital health companies grow, expand and export. She holds a Master’s Degree in Economics. She has experience of working with economic development charities in London and working for UNESCO, India.
Take a look at upcoming futures workshops and register now to join in!