- This event has passed.
CONNECTINGHEALTH: Future Workshop on Digital Health Skills & Workforce
January 13 @ 09:30 – 11:00
Join us in the next CONNECTINGHEALTH future workshop focusing on “Digital Health Skills & Workforce.” The workshop will take place online on the 13rd January 2023 from 9:30 to 11:00 CET. Register for it here and have your say on the future of health!
Together with the Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences – SeAMK, join the Digital Health Skills & Workforce workshop – an interactive, multidisciplinary gathering aiming to generate a future vision for digital health towards the European agenda for 2030. As one of nine thematic workshops within the CONNECTINGHEALTH project, this collaborative, participatory gathering aims to explore the opportunities and challenges of digital health today while also finding innovative, whole-of-society solutions to create an ideal future scenario for digital health.
During the workshop:
- Firstly, in a critique phase analysis, we will discuss: what are the barriers encountered today with regards to the subject matter? What are the enablers encountered today? What are the uncertainties (facilitating or hindering) that may occur in the future?
- Second, we will move into a group brainstorming session to imagine what digital health could look like with respect to the topic at hand if there were no constraints, plenty of resources, and no restrictive laws.
- Finally, we will propose suggestions for transforming the most promising ideas into future scenarios that could realistically be made possible, followed by the final recommendations and conclusions.
You don’t need to be an expert on the subject to participate. The goal of these workshops is to bring together multi-stakeholder perspectives to come up with creative solutions to the challenges.
The CONNECTINGHEALTH project is a preparatory action funded by the European Commission that aims to foster interconnected, inclusive innovation ecosystems across Europe while maximising the value of innovation in the sector of digital health. Over the course of 2 years, CONNECTINGHEALTH will comprehensively map digital health ecosystems in Europe and abroad, and facilitate open dialogue regarding the competitiveness of the digital health sector while complementary developing a joint long-term plan for action and investment.
Organiser: Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences – SeAMK
- Mika Uitto, Research and Development Specialist, Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences – SeAMK (Connect on Linkedin)
Mika Uitto is a digital health promotion expert with an entrepreneurial mindset. With a background in software development and a Master’s Degree in health sciences, Mika is equipped with a great multidisciplinary skillset to tackle current and future digital health challenges. Currently occupied as a research and development specialist at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, he is working with various national and EU-level digital health promotion projects and initiatives.
- Sami Perälä, Developing Manager of Well-being Technologies, Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences – SeAMK (Connect on Linkedin)
Sami Perälä has degrees in nursing, operating room and anaesthesiological nursing and paramedical nursing (Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences), as well as Master degree in health sciences (University of Kuopio). He is also a qualified teacher in vocational education (Tampere University of Applied Sciences) and has a degree in professional development in management (University of Tampere). He worked with South Ostrobothnia Health Technology Development Centre as an expert for seven years and then as an executive director for twelve years. He was the locomotive for South Ostrobothnia becoming one of the first eHealth regions in Europe. He has lot of experience different projects in local, national and international level. Since 2018 he is the Developing Manager of Well-being Technologies at the SeAMK.
Take a look at upcoming futures workshops and register now to join in!