Cohesion Policy and Health: Investing in a healthy and socially just regional development workshop
15th October 2020 @ 9:30 am – 11:00 am
The “Cohesion Policy and Health: Investing in a healthy and socially just regional development” workshop will take place on Thursday 15 October 2020 (09:30-11:00) during the European Week of Regions and Cities.
The COVID-19 outbreak is showing us the need to invest in health promotion, reinforcing our health systems preparedness, responsiveness and resilience, ensuring cross-border cooperation across Europe. Solidarity and equity key to face this major world health crisis. Cohesion policy as one of the main instruments to achieve the EU treaty objective of economic, social, and territorial cohesion, offers regions and cities the opportunity to allocate resources for the health and social care systems of tomorrow.
- Nick Batey, Chair of EUREGHA, EUREGHA, Belgium (Moderator)
- Caroline Costongs, Director, EuroHealthNet, Belgium.
- Elisa Ferreira – TBC, Commissioner for Cohesion and Reforms, European Commission, European Commission, Belgium.
- Younous Omarjee – TBC, Member of the European Parliament, Chair ENVI Committee, European Parliament, Belgium
- Andrzej Rys, Director for Health Systems and Products, European Commission, Belgium.
- Birgitta Sacrédeus, Chair of the CoR Interregional Group on Health and Wellbeing, Committee of the Regions, Belgium.