- This event has passed.
All Policies for a Healthy Europe Launch
22nd November 2018
The European elections and the appointment of a new European Commission will bring fresh thinking on EU priorities for the next five years. In light of the Commission’s White Paper on the Future of Europe, it is vital that we work collaboratively across sectors to ensure European policies prioritise citizens’ health and well-being and respond to the expectations of European citizens: 70% of Europeans want more EU action on health and social issues (Eurobarometer).
I would like to invite you to the launch of the multi-stakeholder initiative‘All Policies for a Healthy Europe’in theEuropean Parliament (Brussels) on Thursday, 22 November (9am-12pm, Room A5G1).
At the meeting, we will discuss how to co-create a vision for cross-sectoral action at the EU level to set citizens’ health and well-being at the core of policy, considering the relationship between health and economic, environmental and social outcomes. This builds on the work of the 2006 Finnish EU Presidency on Health in All Policies (HiAP) and supports the EU 2030 Agenda and implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Veli-Mikko Niemi, Director General, International Affairs, Finnish Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
- Fabrice Murtin, Economist, OECD
- Henrique Martins, President, eHealth Authority (SPMS), Portuguese Ministry of Health
- Marleen Bekker, All About Health (Alles is Gezondheit), Netherlands
- Karin KadenbachMEP(S&D, Austria)