Central Florida is home to a wide range of high-growth / high-wage companies in Life Science fields such as specialty pharma, tissue engineering, medical devices, diagnostics, mental health, destination therapeutics and telemedicine. The County of Orange, which includes the City of Orlando, alone has more than 200 companies in these fields that generate over $600 million in revenue annually and employ more than 7,000 people.
In addition to a range of diverse and highly capable companies, Central Florida is home to three of the country’s largest research institutions: University of Central Florida, University of South Florida and University of Florida. All three Universities are directly tied to the Cenfluence Life Sciences Cluster.
We are focused on building an internationally recognized Life Sciences industry Cluster that is globally competitive resulting in significant contributions to Central Florida’s economy.
Our strategic objectives are:
- Provide targeted business services that support the growth of cluster members.
- Establish new opportunities for collaborative R&D between industry and the research community.
- Realize industry specific opportunities based on synergies and economies of scale.
- Foster innovation between facilitators of innovation and industry.
- Build international awareness and alliances, leveraging the associated opportunities through cluster representation