The CSG aims to be the guide lighthouse towards the future of the Galician Health Ecosystem.
The Galician Health Ecosystem is coordinated by Cluster Saúde de Galicia (CSG), a non-profit association whose main objective is the business dynamization of Galicia, contributing to the economic and social development of the region, through cooperation among all institutions and public and private companies related to the health system, by performing innovative projects.
The CSG develops a model based on clinical excellence, R&D&I, digital transformation and the development of technology – based products whose purposed is the well – being of the person. For this, the CSG acts as the channel of communications between the users, providers and regulators and translates the needs from the first to help the later adapt their policies to the real demand of society. CSG works for keeping a good communication with the regional Ministries of Health, Social Affairs & Industry, Economics and Employment. Our members include patient associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, MNC as well as universities, technological centers and other non-profit and professional school associations.
Collaboration is imprinted in CSG DNA, leading the health and social care sectors of Galicia in several European networks and being an active member in the national network of health clusters. The Galician Health Cluster participates in several European projects as a key partner for communication and translation of research results into industry. One of the key objectives is the internationalization of the innovation of the health and social care sectors.
Led by the CSG, Forum RIES is the international reference forum at regional and national level to address the challenges and opportunities of the health ecosystem. It is created as a meeting forum between the main social and health agents of the public and private sector at European level, in collaboration with the ECHAlliance health ecosystem network.
The Galician Health Ecosystem aims to develop the capacity of response to international health challenges and keep an updated knowledge of the health ecosystems worldwide. We envision health as a global market and want to boost the competitiveness of Galicia’s health industry, contributing to its economic and social development through cooperation between all public and private institutions related to the health sector.
We aim to:
- Increase R & D & I capacity
- Interaction of knowledge and the best professionals
- Create an environment for business development
- Contribute to the creation of wealth
- Attract new organizations and institutions of the sector to the ecosystem
- Consolidate and create links between the different actors
As for the priority areas in the healthcare ecosystem, the CSG highlights the following:
- Attention and person-centered care. Smart care
- Human, safe, sustainable and efficient hospitals.
- Patient empowerment. Adherence treatment.
- Address demographic changes and promote a new healthcare system in line.
- Incorporate life history, EHR, healthy aging, patient engagement, prevention, technological developments, and Big Data.
- TITAN: The European TITTAN Project, aims to tackle the challenge of ageing, by creating a network of communication for interchanging good practices that can foster the design, innovation and technology transfer, up-taking and use of innovative products/solutions for this problem, for improving the quality of life of elderly people and improving the performance of the European regional healthcare systems too.
- CodigoMais: Códigomais is a new Innovation Ecosystem in Health for Galicia and North of Portugal project co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) under the Cooperation programme Interreg V-A Spain-Portugal (POCTEP) 2014-2020. It is a project aiming at fostering the creation of a cross-border regional innovation health-ecosystem for strengthening R&D, boosting competitiveness of SMEs and enhancing Public Administration Efficiency in the health sector.
- neuroATLANTIC: neuroATLANTIC aims at bringing together the remarkable scientific and technological capacities within the Atlantic Area in the field of the neurological diseases (eg Alzheimer’s Disease, Stroke, etc). This project will act on the clinical, preclinical and capitalization aspects accelerating the uptake of new innovations that will revolutionaze the way in which neurological diseases are handled within the area. neuroATLANTIC will focus on setting up a transnational platform to develop novel theragnostics agents to treat and early diagnosis of these devastating and prevalent diseases.
- DATAlife: DATAlife is the Digital Innovation Hub of the Galician primary, biotechnological and health sectors. DATAlife’s mission is to make incorporation of artificial intelligence and data analytics easier in Galician SMEs from sectors linked to Bioeconomy and Health.
- Labsaude: Labsaúde arises as a facilitating mechanism for the creation and implementation of innovative projects in an environment in which multiple agents interact, to respond to the real needs detected in the Galician Health System.
Working Group Members
- Rocio Mosquera (Galaria)
- Carlos Morante (CMC)
- Luis Barros (Atendo)
- José Luis Castro (Servicio Móvil)
- Noelia López (Activiza)
- Alberto Borrego (EVERIS)
- José Noya (Linknovate)
- Xosé Ramón Vázquez (ANFACO-CECOPESCA)