Digital Health Ecosystem Wales is a network connecting developers and companies with innovative digital health solutions with the NHS in Wales. It represents a collaboration between the Life Sciences Hub Wales and the NHS Wales Informatics Service (NWIS) and is funded through the Welsh Government’s Efficiency Through Technology Programme.
DHEW aims include:
- Accelerate the delivery and adoption of the latest digital solutions to improve patient outcomes and reduce costs
- Create a pathway for access to health and care data through the development of APIs in a test environment.
- Foster innovation from all stakeholders, encouraging cross-sector co-operation and implementation
- Support the development of new products and services to drive business growth, job security and creation, ensuring prosperity for all
- Life Science Hub Wales
- Accelerate – collaboration between Welsh universities and the Life Science Hub Wales aiming to speed-up the translation of ideas into new technology products and services for the health and care sector.
- Special Interest Groups – collaborative opportunities to support the growth of the life sciences sector in Wales. Bringing together industry, NHS, academia and other partner organisations to drive forward a change in the way healthcare is delivered, the SIGs have the potential to progress curative treatments for a range of disease areas (e.g. Cell and Gene Therapy).