Apply to the #DigitalHealthEurope Call for Twinnings!
Learn how to use data to advance research, disease prevention and personalised health and care
DigitalHealthEurope (DHE) has launched the 2020 Call for Twinnings with the aim of facilitating the scaling-up of digital transformation for health and care in Europe.
Real opportunities will be offered to sites and regions throughout Europe to get together, meet, and share their experiences. The call focuses on supporting local, regional and national health and care providers in Europe (adopters) that wish to adopt innovative solutions which are available for transfer from another local, regional and national health and care provider (originators) in Europe.
These twinning opportunities are available to groups of organisations, both small and large, with different planning ambitions, diverse levels of capacity, and varying budgetary expectations.
Furthermore, the twinning scheme is making available close to 400,000 EUR in financial support to cover successful submissions, expecting to fund up to 28 twinnings.
The DigitalHealthEurope scheme will support the three priorities for scaling-up digital solutions in Europe:
- Citizens’ secure access to and sharing of health data.
- Better data to advance research, disease prevention and personalised health and care.
- Citizen empowerment and person-centred care in Europe (in particular, citizen/patient-focused solutions and care practitioners’ solutions).
Moreover, the DHE call for twinnings will:
- Welcome solutions that can be in the form of products, services, processes, methodologies, strategies and/or business models,
- Be open to three types of twinning:
- Knowledge exchange and training.
- Partial adoption.
- Full adoption/acquisition
- Expect attendance at two webinars focused on capacity-building.
- Attract almost 30 sets of twins.
- Offer budget to each twinning scheme ranging from 5,000 eur to 43,000 eur.
- Offer the opportunity to twins that involve full adoption of a solution to showcase their success through a promotional video.
What are the most important timelines?
To start preparing your submission, please take note of some deadlines
8 April 2020: an instructive webinar will be held to introduce the call and clarify questions regarding the application. All questions from the audience will be collected and answers will be published on the DigitalHealthEurope website.
4 May 2020: Submissions should be received by this date
1 July 2020: Twinning can start from this date
December 2020 to April 2021: DHE twinnings can run up to these dates (depending on twinning type)
DigitalHealthEurope is a Coordination and Support Action to the European Commission, exploring how to best support digital health and care services in Europe, by providing a set of recommendations to the European Commission. The ECHAlliance is one of the 17 partners from 10 European countries that form the project consortium, coordinated by empirica.