NHSX is calling on all innovators who can support the elderly, vulnerable and self-isolating during COVID-19 to apply for government funding of up to £25,000 to test their solution.
THE CHALLENGE: SUPPORTING THE ELDERLY, VULNERABLE AND SELF-ISOLATING
We believe new technologies can help support the vulnerable, elderly and self-isolating as COVID-19 continues to spread. Within this challenge, we are particularly looking for innovators able to support in the following areas. If this is your company, apply.
Please note: this competition is aimed at helping in the community, and we are not looking for solutions that are trying to solve clinical problems or require integration with NHS systems.
Remote Social Care
- Finding healthy and qualified carers who can provide support for those in need
- Managing and delivering care in care homes
- Delivering domiciliary care and technology in the home
Optimising Staffing in Care and Volunteering Sectors
- Recruiting, training and certifying of doctors and nurses and professional carers
- Volunteering – recruiting and triaging volunteers into clinical and non-clinical workers
- Projecting demand for health and care workers across the country to improve deployment and management of resources
- Tackling data gaps in the care sector to understand the financial sustainability and needs of care businesses
- Discovering and delivering mental health services
- Accessing relevant and inclusive peer 2 peer communities
- Supporting self-management of mental health and well-being
- Facilitating employee well-being