Second calls for twinning Scaling up digital transformation for health and care in Europe
In spring 2020, both the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing (EIP on AHA) and DigitalHealthEurope (DHE) are working together to promote their twinning schemes to the people of Europe.
What’s in it for me?
These are real opportunities for sites and regions throughout Europe to get together, meet, and share their experiences. The focus will be on scaling-up digital health and care solutions across Europe.
The twinning schemes will support many different types of Europe’s quadruple helix stakeholders: industry, civil society, academia and governments.
DigitalHealthEurope twinnings: The DHE call focuses on supporting local, regional and national health and care providers in Europe (adopters) that wish to adopt innovative solutions which are available for transfer from another local, regional and national health and care provider (originators) in Europe. More information on the DHE Twinnings.
EIP on AHA twinnings: The EIP on AHA call concentrates on digitally-enabled innovative ICT solutions for health and care delivery for the ageing population. These twinnings are open to Reference Sites that received their Reference Site status as result of the 2019 calls for Reference Sites. More information on the EIP on AHA Twinnings.
Twinning opportunities are available to groups of people, both small and large, with different planning ambitions, diverse levels of capacity, and varying budgetary expectations.
Your opportunity to twin with another organisation or site starts now!
What’s taking place?
In 2020, two initiatives that support the scaling up digital transformation for health and care in Europe, including in the fields of active and healthy ageing, are working together to promote their twinning schemes. Both the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing (EIP on AHA) and DigitalHealthEurope (DHE) run a twinning scheme.
The two twinning schemes:
- are making available close to 500,000 EUR in financial support to cover successful submissions to both Calls.
- areexpected to fund up to 35 twinnings.
- will generate a focus on some 30 different types of solutions.
What are the important timelines?
To start preparing your successful submission, it is important to take note of some immediate timelines as well as longer-term ones.
- March/April 2020: A series of instructive Webinars will be held throughout this period to explain all the relevant terms and conditions to prospective twins.
- 4 May 2020: Submissions should be received by this date.
- 1 June 2020: EIP on AHA twinnings can start from this date.
- 1 July 2020: DHE twinning can start from this date.
- November 2020: EIP on AHA twinnings can run up to this date.
- December 2020 to April 2021: DHE twinnings can run up to these dates.