Scottish Social Services Council – Guidance to help social workers respond to COVID-19
Each section on this page contains links to national legislation, COVID-19 specific advice and guidance as well as other useful resources.
There is also a range of general national guidance and advice about coronavirus, here are some of the key links from various organisations to help you.
This is not an exhaustive list, but we will aim to update information as needed.
- Coronavirus Act 2020, emergency UK legislation.
- Coronavirus (Scotland) Act, emergency Scottish legislation. It has amendments specific to children, vulnerable adults and justice.
- Scottish Government has prepared guidance on coronavirus.
- Scottish Government statutory guidance for local authorities which sets out changes to social care assessments resulting from the Coronavirus Act 2020.
- SSSC has prepared COVID-19 information and guidance.
- The Mental Welfare Commission has produced updates on issues raised by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Iriss have provided guidelines for social workers during the COVID-19 pandemic by Lena Dominelli, University of Stirling and the International Association of Schools of Social Work (IASSW).
- This collection of COVID-19 resources by Iriss contains useful information for staff on infection control and health and wellbeing.
- Social Work Scotland (SWS) are providing regular updates about social work practice, policy and guidance.
- The Scottish Association of Social Work (SASW) has regular news updates on COVID-19 for social workers.
- The Care Inspectorate has provided COVID-19 updates for professionals.