Programme: H2020, GA 857223
Duration: 01/10/2019 – 31/03/2023 (42 months)
Programme: H2020, GA 857223
GATEKEEPER is a European Multi Centric Large Scale Pilot on Smart Living Environments. The main objective is enabling the creation of a platform that connects healthcare providers, businesses, entrepreneurs, and elderly citizens and the communities they live in, in order to originate an open, trust-based arena for matching ideas, technologies, user needs and processes, aimed at ensuring healthier independent lives for the ageing populations.
GATEKEEPER will be embodied in an open source, European, standard-based, interoperable and secure framework available to all developers, for creating combined digital solutions for personalized early detection and interventions. The project will demonstrate its value by scaling up, during a 42-months work plan, towards the deployment of solutions that will involve ca 40.000 elderly citizens, supply and demand side (authorities, institutions, companies, associations, academies) in 8 regional communities, from 7 EU member states.
Scope and objectives
The achievement of the overall objective, the creation of the platform, is supported by the following specific objectives:
- To deliver the GATEKEEPER DIGITAL PLATFORM implemented through fault tolerant, secure, flexible and scalable micro-services infrastructure, based on open source and data standards, built on top of reference W3C-Web of Things architectural models and including services referred to the health domain through HL7-FHIR and to the home domain through SAREF.
- To deliver the GATEKEEPER HEALTHCARE SPACE, where intuitive and self-configuring dashboards, intelligent services for early risk detection and care plans, and a federated data infrastructure are provided to healthcare professionals.
- To deliver the GATEKEEPER CONSUMER SPACE, where certified solutions, services and devices are provided to citizens for the management and prevention of health and social risks.
- To deliver the GATEKEEPER BUSINESS SPACE, where certified companies are able to develop solutions, services and devices alone or in partnership, following a set of standards in order to reach and boost the Digital Single Market.
- To deliver the GATEKEEPER ECOSYSTEM TRANSACTION SPACE, where services for data storage and processing, big data analytics and advanced visualization of business-oriented KPIs are provided for the exchange of solutions among providers and suppliers, based on data sharing and Value-based healthcare paradigms.
- To execute a series of PILOTS to demonstrate the effect, benefit, value and scalability of the GATEKEEPER solutions around REFERENCE USE CASES COVERING PRIMARY, SECONDARY and TERTIARY PREVENTION, initially deployed in 8 regions of 7 European countries.
- To provide an ECOSYSTEM COCREATION framework, resulting from Responsible and Social Innovation principles, aiming at engage and generate TRUST from Citizens, Healthcare Professionals, Supply and Demand Side, extended through open calls to SMEs, Start-ups, and new regions in an open innovation fashion.
- To implement a STANDARDIZATION STRATEGY that allows the GATEKEEPER solution to be aligned with SDOs around legal and privacy aspects, healthcare, ageing, homes, cities and energies, IoT, Big Data and other Key Enabling Technologies, as well as value-based procurement.
- To transform and process GATEKEEPER results in a reference and sustainable IMPACT FRAMEWORK for decision making about procurement of innovative solutions, integrating elements from Value-based Healthcare, Real World Data, and Health-Technology Assessment, involving relevant actors inside and outside the consortium through Communication and dissemination activities, for worldwide outreach of project activities and achievements.
ECHAlliance is taking part in the following WPs:
- WP2 Ecosystem value co-creation, Open calls for scalling up twinning
- WP7 GATEKEEPER Large Scale Pilot Definition and Execution
- WP8 Standardisation and certification mechanisms
- WP9 Dissemination, Communication, Exploitation and Sustainability
The consortium consists of 43 partners from 7 countries covering the different area of experience:
- Research institutions & academy,
- Health providers (pilot sites),
- Ecosystem enlargement, standardization & impact,
- Large and small industries (suppliers)
The full list of partners is available here.