- One of the largest regions in the England, serving a population of over 5.3 million
- Home to two Core Cities – Sheffield and Leeds
- 270,000 businesses contributing to an economy worth in excess of £80 billion.
- Many health challenges and inequalities exacerbated by the significant employment in heavy industries
- Annual Health Budget £5.2m
- Regional NHS budget £12bn.
- 180 Health related SME
- 20 health related Multinational Organisations
Strategy for Health & Social Care:
Facilitating system leadership for implementing e-Health technologies and solutions.
Facilitating access to funding opportunities, for example those run by the European Commission.
Enabling Yorkshire and the Humber to optimise the opportunities afforded by its 3 Star Reference Site status for Active and Healthy Ageing.
Enabling collaborations between regional stakeholders, for example, the NHS, Industry, academia, local authorities, patients and citizens.
Identify and promote opportunities for Y&H health communities to be involved in partnerships and/or funding programmes for implementing e-health solutions at pace and at scale.
Expertise Areas: 3 Star Reference Site status for Active and Healthy Ageing – Airedale TBC