- The Tallinn Science Park foundation is a science and business campus which aims to advance technology-based entrepreneurship in Estonia
- Today, there are nearly 200 companies (from startups to Skype) operating on the Tehnopol campus, which is situated close to TUT and the Estonian IT College
- Connected Health is a country-wide partnership between health stakeholders in Estonia
- Cluster brings together 70+ partners, including 43 companies (start-ups, health IT, medtech, biotech and pharma), R&D partners, health and wellness service providers, patient organisations and user communities, and public sector
The Tallinn Science Park foundation is a science and business campus which aims to advance technology-based entrepreneurship in Estonia, bring scientists and entrepreneurs together and provide suitable conditions and a suitable environment for the realisation of breakthrough business ideas.
Many projects that have gone on to become sources of wider prosperity and economic growth have been launched in science parks around the world. As early as 1991 there were attempts to start a business district adhering to the principles of a science park close to Tallinn University of Technology (TUT), but the plan took off only in 2003, when the Republic of Estonia, TUT and the City of Tallinn founded the Tallinn Technology Park development foundation, known today as Tallinn Science Park Tehnopol.
Today, there are nearly 200 companies (from startups to Skype) operating on the Tehnopol campus, which is situated close to TUT and the Estonian IT College. The physical environment of Tehnopol, our Startup Incubator specifically designed for new companies and business development services targeted at growth companies all create good conditions for the development of high value-added business. The Science Park also has some striking success stories to show – businesses that have started out here (e.g. Skype, Defendec, Toggl and FlyDog) have become strong companies.
Tehnopol supports the adoption of promising new technologies and accelerates the growth of technology-based companies.
Tehnopol’s services are primarily targeted at tech companies. Through our numerous cooperation networks and supported by our competent business experts and convenient working environment, we help fulfil ambitious potential. We provide our clients with suitable rental spaces, business development services, opportunities for close cooperation with universities and international networks and the support of experts.
Tehnopol in numbers
200+ companies operating in the park
180+ companies using our services
25+ companies in the Startup Incubator
3,500 employees working for the companies
14,000 students and 1,300 scientists nearby
55,000 m² of office and laboratory space available for rent
10 conference and meeting rooms
5 research and development centres
Connected Health Cluster (CH)
Connected Health is a country-wide partnership between health stakeholders in Estonia, who arecommitted to accelerating the adoption of connected health solutions, at scale internationally on commercial terms. Cluster brings together 70+ partners, including
43 companies (start-ups, health IT, medtech, biotech and pharma), R&D partners, health and wellness service providers, patient organisations and user communities, and public sector. Cluster is part of the ECHAlliance and ScanBalt networks.
Start-up nation. Estonia is well-known for its e-developments as well as a growing source of globally born high-tech start-ups like Transferwise or Skype. Our vision is to transform Estonia to the best place in the world for starting up and developing innovative health tech companies.
• Well-developed information society with the readiness to use e-services
• Nation-wide e-health infrastructure with 10+ years of digital heath data and high level of trust towards e-services.
• Population-based biobank of the Estonian Genome Center with 5% of the population as gene donors with valid informed consent for research.
• Estonian Government started in 2015 pilot project in area of personalised medicine, being a potential partner to many international co-operations.
Start from here! Connected Health connects You with the Estonian health innovation ecosystem - we help you to find information or partners, so you can start taking advantage of the unique environment Estonia offers.
- Health system in Estonia: http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/231516/HiT-Estonia.pdf
- Estonia eHealth strategy: http://goo.gl/9DHygC
- Estonian eHealth experience: strategy and results: http://www.kith.no/upload/6407/HelsIT-2011_T2-5_Piret_Simmo.pdf