The Catalonia Smart Health Ecosystem is a network that will enhance coordination and collaboration among regional government, city councils, companies, funders & insurers, health and social care professionals, research/innovation centres and universities, patients/citizens representatives and investors.
Catalonia is one of the regions leading innovation in healthcare in Europe, promoting innovation in health and social care sectors. As examples, Catalonia has worked the last years around several topics:
- Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Patient Health Record (PHR)
- Chronic diseases management programmes (cardio-vascular, diabetes)
- Care pathways and continuity of care
- Integrated care between social care and health system
- Mobile Health (with Mobile World Capital Barcelona)
- Health 2.0
- Cloud Computing
- Active & Healthy Ageing (AHA)
Acting at the same time as a showroom for innovative solution, a detector of unmet needs and an incubator for innovative projects, the Catalonia Smart Health Ecosystem is open to all stakeholders interested in developing new solutions to disrupt the health & social care system.
The Catalan Department of Health is as well interested to benchmark initiatives successfully implemented in other regions/countries in Europe and beyond