Opportunity to Join FRRHH Interim Faculty Advisory Board
The Faculty of Remote, Rural and Humanitarian Healthcare (FRRHH) is currently in its Development Phase and this is expected to continue until 2024. As the next part of our development, we are delighted to announce that we are establishing an Interim Faculty Advisory Board (FAB) to support and advise FRRHH. This Interim FAB will support our Executive Committee by providing advice, guidance and views on key matters relevant to the development of the Faculty and in relation to wider professional issues in remote, rural and humanitarian healthcare.
The membership of the Interim FAB is intended to be reflective of the diversity of the remote, rural and humanitarian team. We are therefore seeking expressions of interest from a wide range of individuals across different healthcare professions, career grades and geographical locations. We welcome interest from those working in both clinical and non-clinical roles (the latter may include e.g. technology and innovation, research, operations, HR, finance) that are relevant to the development of remote, rural and humanitarian healthcare.
Our Interim FAB will be led by two Co-Chairs appointed by the Executive Committee, Sir Lewis Ritchie and Dr Alistair Fraser. Both have been closely involved and influential in the development of the Faculty since its inception and, between them, they bring an incredible range of experience and expertise to bear. We invite you to consider joining us on this continuing journey by submitting an expression of interest for membership of the Interim FAB.
Role of the Interim FAB
The Interim FAB will be responsible for the following:
- Advising FRRHH on professional matters pertaining to remote, rural and humanitarian healthcare
- Advising on the development of standards and processes for membership of FRRHH
- Advising on the strategy and policies of FRRHH
- Advising on the development of courses and other educational activities, including endorsements
- Providing or guiding the sourcing of expert opinion and advice, when required, on matters related to remote, rural and humanitarian healthcare
- Assisting with the planning of FRRHH meetings and events including the annual meeting
- Advising on steps FRRHH can take to encourage innovation, research and improvement in the field of remote, rural and humanitarian healthcare
We aim to recruit Interim FAB members that represent the diversity of the remote, rural and humanitarian healthcare global community and as such we welcome applications from the following areas. Please note that this list is not exhaustive:
|Pharmacy||Physiotherapy||Academia and Research|
|Surgery||Innovation and Tech||Allied Health Professionals|
|Nursing||Emergency and Trauma Care and Pre-Hospital Care||Public Health|
|Dentistry||Occupational Healthcare||Global Healthcare|
|Primary Healthcare||Secondary Healthcare||Midwifery|
We also welcome interest from a wide range of career grades spanning students, trainees, early career, mid-career and senior leadership roles in order to represent the diversity of our membership and stakeholders who we wish to serve.
We are particularly interested in individuals who can demonstrate and provide the following skills to support the development of key projects and activities:
- Education and course development
- Developing and adapting clinical healthcare skills for low resource environments, primary, secondary and tertiary
- Stakeholder engagement and fundraising
- Operational deployment of multi-professional healthcare teams in austere and low resource settings
- Human factors and non-technical skills in low resource healthcare environments
- Examination and knowledge assessment development
- Tele-health and tele-medicine deployment and development
Please complete the Expression of Interest Form attached and return to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 22 November 2021.
For further information on the eligibility criteria and the level of commitment required, please see the attached FAB Terms of Reference. Please note that membership of the Interim FAB is a voluntary role which is unremunerated.
Applications will be assessed by a sub-panel of our Executive Committee and we aim to have a final Interim FAB selected and appointed by December 2021.
Applicants’ suitability for the role will be assessed based on their demonstrable experience, skills, interest and commitment to the development of remote, rural and humanitarian healthcare.
Please contact us if you have any further questions about the role or the application process.
Discover more about the The Faculty of Remote, Rural and Humanitarian Healthcare:
The Faculty of Remote, Rural and Humanitarian Healthcare creates a diverse global network and delivers excellence and advancement for remote, rural and humanitarian healthcare professionals.