Data Sharing for Better Healthcare (Manchester Ecosystem)
24 July 2018
Posted by: Heather Smith
The meeting on July 12th of the Manchester Connected Health Ecosystem brought together delegates from academia, industry, and the NHS & social care organisations to hear about the opportunities enabled by the recent awarding of Local Health Care Record Exemplar (LHCRE) status to the City-Region.
Healthcare data needs to be able to accessible by both patients and clinicians at the right place and at the right time, as well as being safely secured. This involves working across a number of organisational and geographical boundaries. LHCRE status will enable GM to build on several years of successful partnership working to help enable, as Stephen Dobson (Chief Digital Officer for the GM Health & Social Care Partnership) envisions ‘clinicians to be able to access the information they need, in the format they want, on the device they have’.
The audience also heard how through work being done in the GM Boroughs of Wigan and Bolton, healthcare services can be delivered more efficiently through data sharing and can help start important conversations with local residents about leading healthier lifestyles and raising activity levels. Colleagues from Health Innovation Manchester and the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) outlined work being done to build a GM Digital Innovation Hub and DataLab to help support, validate, and scale digital health research and innovation.
Thank you to our speakers:
- Stephen Dobson, Interim Chief Digital Officer, GMHSCP
- Jonathan Kerry, Assistant Director, NHS Wigan Borough CCG
- Alison Hughes, Assistant Director Strategic ICT Partnerships, Bolton MBC / Wigan MBC
- Ben Green, Information Security Manager, Connected Health Cities / University of Manchester
- Andy Bleaden, International Projects Manager, ECHAlliance
- Linda Whalley, Strategic Advisor, Health Innovation Manchester
- Jane Garnett, DataLab Lead, Science Policy & Research, NICE
- Paul Morris, Associate Director of Informatics, NHS Bolton CCG
Their presentations can be downloaded here.
Download the full agenda here.
Article Source: http://www.manchesterecosystem.org.uk/previous-meetings/data-sharing-for-better-healthcare/