SHIN-NY 2020 Roadmap
21 December 2017
Posted by: Heather Smith
The SHIN-NY 2020 Roadmap sets ambitious goals and employs a variety of tools for execution of the Statewide Health Information Exchange for New York (SHIN-NY), including new performance-based contracting, policy changes, and advocacy.
Success will take a myriad of dedicated stakeholders all working towards these goals using the following five strategies:
1. Ensuring a strong health information exchange (HIE) foundation (the basics) across the State for providers, health plans, and public health
2. Aggressively supporting patient-centric, value-based care, and certain tools, supports, and services desired by stakeholders
3. Enabling interoperability and innovations using HIE as a foundation
4. Promoting efficiency and affordability of the SHIN-NY system
5. Advocating collectively for the SHIN-NY and its stakeholders
The Roadmap will pave the way for reduced reliance on government funding and establish a solid base for additional private support. It will promote and maximize the SHIN-NY's potential to directly support, enable, and fuel:
Patient-centered, value-based care
A learning health system
This Roadmap should be viewed as a high-level framework. Its purpose is directional. As with most strategic plans in dynamic and changing industries, the Roadmap is a living document that will be revisited at least annually.
Download the Roadmap: SHIN-NY 2020 Roadmap
Download more detailed Roadmap slides: SHIN-NY 2020 Roadmap - Extended Presentation