Continence Thematic Innovation Ecosystem @ WCW 2022
We are looking forward to the launch of our Thematic Innovation Ecosystem launch on Continence on Saturday 25th June, 11.00-12.00 hrs (CET).
About the Thematic Innovation Ecosystem launch on Continence
Join us on Saturday 25th June, 11.00h (CET) to raise global awareness of continence issues and help remove stigmas and taboos via events, publications, press releases and the like. This with a view to providing a reliable and easily accessible forum for those seeking information. Andy Bleaden, Communities Director of ECHAlliance is the expert when it comes to ecosystems. He and his team are helping WFIPP launch a brand new condition-specifc ecosystem on continence, the first of its kind.
It would appear that urinary incontinence affects up to 1 in 3 people and is more common than hay fever.
- M.L. van Poelgeest, President WFIPP
- Andy Bleaden – Communties Director, ECHAlliance
- Jana Rodriquez – Market Development Manager EMEA, Medtronic
- Pedro Blasco – SINUG and Urologist at the Hospital de Valme, Sevilla, Spain
- Monica de Heide, Bekkenbodem4All, Secretary
- Anna Martinsson- Vice President Sinoba
- Tomasz Michalek, Treasurer WFIPP and Editor in Chief and the publisher of the Kwartalnik NTM
World Continence Week 2022
World Continence Week (WCW) is an annual initiative devised and managed by WFIPP and is fully endorsed by the European Association of Urology (EAU) and the International Continence Society (ICS). It is a global initiative intended to raise awareness of bladder & bowel issues, chronic pelvic pain and other debilitating conditions which impact greatly on the lives of patients and carers. Our main theme for 2022 is Sustainable Continence Care/THE GREEN DEAL.
This year WFIPP is arranging a series of dedicated webinars whereby individual companies will be able to present their innovative device/treatment. Furthermore, there will be a very special webinar dedicated on the launch of the “continence ecosystem”, which WPIPP is setting up together with the ECHAlliance.
Please see the preliminary programme below, which will be finalized shortly.
Monday 20th June we will host two webinars: first webinar 15.3-16.30 hrs (CET) and second webinar 16.30-17.30 hrs (CET)
1) Medtronic – Dr. Nuno Grilo from the University Hospital of Lausanne and Laura Thomas, Trainee Clinical Scientist (GI/Uro) at Bristol Royal Infirmary. Subject: the role of Sacral Neuromodulation (SNM) in the management of pelvic floor dysfunction, whereby Dr. Grilo will explain what Sacral Neuromodulation is, the indications and the results. Laura Thomas will talk about patient expectations, patient education and patient follow-up. Finally, a patient will say something about his/her experience (from diagnosis to SNM treatment).
2) Muvon Therapeutic – Steve Kappenthuler, Chief Business Officer. Muvon Therapeutics have developed a highly innovative technology, offering patients a minimally invasive, low-risk procedure (according to phase I data) in an outpatient setting. Potentially this procedure could prove a life changer and be long-lasting. The results still need to be corroborated in further clinical trials. This new technology offers a safe and effective treatment for female stress urinary incontinence. Furthermore, by regenerating , it is tackling the underlying cause, namely the damaged urinary sphincter muscle.
Tuesday 21st June, 15.30-16.30 hrs (CET): Tilla Care Ltd. – Michael Cohn, CEO and Kristi Campoe clinical director and also a nurse. Tilla Care’s UriCap Female Kit, including all the accessories (extension tube, lubricant gel, securement device and alcohol pads) has beendeveloped by TillaCare Ltd., Israel. The UriCap is intended to be used as an external urine collection system for incontinent elderly women and can in many cases replace incontinence pads and catheters. This innovative device and the kit are new concepts and the UriCap Female Kit has been designed to ensure maximum safety, performance and comfort for the patients.
Wednesday 22nd June, 15.30-16.30 hrs (CET): Novuqare – Onno Klein, International Sales Manager. Novuqare work together with healthcare professionals and patients on research and projects to initiate innovations and to develop clinically relevant healthcare solutions. One of their most revolutionary and impactful developments is MAPLe®: the pelvic floor in high definition for a detailed diagnosis and targeted treatment.
Thursday 23rd June, 15.30-16.30 hrs (CET): Minze Health, Wilfried Woesthuis and Prof. Stefan De Wachter, urologist at the University Hospital in Antwerp. The automated bladder diary is a product intended to increase the patient compliance, usability and reliability of bladder diaries. Bladder diaries are an important tool ideally used throughout the patient pathway, for the diagnosis and treatment evaluation of patients suffering from LUTS. During the patient treatment process, paper-based bladder diaries are often lost, which makes it almost impossible for a healthcare provider to evaluate objectively the effects of a treatment. Minze’s automated bladder diary will lead to better diagnosis and treatment follow up, improving the lives of patients suffering from LUTS.
Friday 24th June, 15.30-16.30 hrs (CET): Versameb Klaas P. Zuideveld, Ph.d Chief Executive Officer, Versameb and a clinical advisor to highlight the need for a therapeutic solution in SUI. RNA therapeutics are a new class of medicines that have a broad applicability targeting disease-relevant proteins. Proteins are large and complex molecules that play a critical role in the body’s capacity to be healthy. Currently, most approved drugs are small molecules and protein biologics, which can only target a very limited number of proteins or genes. Our RNA-based therapeutics can be used to selectively trigger protein overexpression or down-regulation, for single or multiple protein targets with one RNA construct.
Saturday 25th June, 11.00-12.00 hrs (CET): ECHAlliance, Andy Bleaden, Communities Director. Thematic Innovation Ecosystem launch on INCONTINENCE
So the message is simple: let’s get out there and ‘do something’ to ensure the success of WCW 2022.
Hashtags: #WCW2022 #sustainablecontinencecare #continencematters #supportincontinence