Join Us at The 2nd Annual Smart Health Summit on 14 September 2021
We are delighted to announce that we have partnered with the 2nd Annual Smart Health Summit, which will take place virtually on 14 September 2021.
About The Smart Health Summit 2021:
Digital health technologies are here to stay…
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the use of virtual care and telemedicine has been established as a major component of delivering care. But now that we are beyond the immediate crisis, are we seeing a fundamental shift in healthcare delivery in Ireland?
This won’t happen without the key enabler of digital healthcare being in place: Electronic Health Records (EHRs). Vital for the delivery of integrated care and creating a truly joined-up healthcare service, EHR’s are still not used on a widespread basis throughout the Irish healthcare system. The potential benefits of EHR’s are substantial; from ensuring the safe and effective treatment of a patient receiving emergency care to supporting information sharing, patient empowerment, and the development of digital services. As far back as 2009, HIQA identified its absence as the single most important deficiency in the health information infrastructure in Ireland. So, what are the obstacles to implementing this vital digital infrastructure?
Digital activities bring a lot of benefits, but also a lot of risks. The recent ransomware attack on the HSE will only heighten patients’ concerns about privacy and data security. As digital health services expand, patients will be increasingly concerned that the very sensitive information held by the health service is really secure. The rapid growth in the use of digital technology during the pandemic has pushed the issue even higher up the agenda for policymakers, practitioners, and regulators.
These are the major themes we’ll be exploring at The Business Post’s 2nd annual virtual Smart Health Summit.
Topics will include:
- The path towards Electronic Health Records for Ireland’s health service: Timescale for delivery?
- Challenges for eHealth: The past, present and future: Reflections from a range of stakeholders on how we leave the paper trail behind and embrace the benefits of EHRs.
- How interoperability improves healthcare delivery and patient experience.
- Digital health’s cybersecurity imperative: Keeping patient data safe.
- Unlocking the best defences for healthcare data.
- Building a cyber resilient culture: Collaborative approaches to building a culture of security and compliance
- How could Covid-driven digital change permanently improve health and social care in Ireland?
- Case studies from home and overseas.
Who will attend?
- Digital healthcare leaders and decision-makers
- Decision-makers in health and care management and delivery
- Clinicians, GPs, practice managers and hospital managers
- Healthcare service providers
- Health technology solution providers
- Legal advisors
ECHAlliance members have discounted registration, please contact Heather for further details [email protected]
Sponsor and Exhibition Opportunities for ECHAlliance Members/Partners
The Smart Health Summit provides a small number of sponsorship and promotional opportunities including speaking/panelist slots at this virtual event. Members can receive discounts of 20% and more of the package options. You can view and download the main Sponsorship Document HERE
For further information, please contact Lead Partnership Manager, Wayne Leitch at [email protected] or on 00353 86 8575144.