INNOWWIDE is launching two calls for proposals that will focus on supporting innovative European SMEs and start-ups in targeting markets of developing countries, large emerging economies (Brazil, Russia, India, China, Mexico etc.) and developed countries.
The Viability Assessment Projects (VAPs) have a maximum duration of 6 months. The INNOWWIDE financial support rate is fixed at 70% of eligible costs with a fixed grant of €60,000 Euros for each assessment project.
What is a VAP?
Viability Assessment Projects (VAPs) are a comprehensive, balanced and coherent set of preliminary technical, market, legal and socioeconomic assessments intended to validate the viability of international, innovative businesses solutions along emerging global value chains.
They should identify and assess key framework conditions that may favour or block the effective deployment of collaborative solutions and models in target third countries.
VAPs also include a refined and viable definition of such business solutions and models, together with their implementation strategies.
Applications are open for both VAPs and Experts. More information on both applications are available below:
Who can apply?
Innovative SMEs, including young companies and start-ups from any sector:
- Established in an EU Member State or a Horizon 2020 Associated Country 
- Looking to compete and start business in new and emerging markets around the world
- Engaged in an economic activity (selling products or providing services on the market at a given price).
- Meeting financial viability and ethical criteria specified in the INNOWWIDE Call 2 guidelines
Self-employed, partnerships and associations or any other entity different from the above mentioned will not be eligible for INNOWWIDE funding.
- Only one proposal per applicant SME is allowed.
- SMEs not funded in Call 1 may apply again in Call 2, indicating it in the application form.
- Funded SMEs in Call 1 will not be eligible for Call 2.
How can apply?
- Go to the INNOWWIDE website.
- Complete registration form and follow instructions to set up an account, if not already registered.
- Complete all sections of the application form (including the SME self-assessment, the Ethics self-assessment and the Financial Information) and submit by 31 March 2020 at 20:00 GMT.
- You will be contacted with the results of your application by 01/07/2020 at the latest.
- January 15th to March 31st 2020: submission of applications
- End of June 2020: results communication/grant signature
The budget available for the Call 2 is €4.2 M (to be divided approximately one third per target country group).
Each approved VAP will receive a fixed grant amount of €60,000, representing a maximum of 70% of total eligible costs (staff, consumables, equipment, subcontracting, others) which must be a minimum of €86,000. 50% will be disbursed at the beginning. Upon submission and approval of the final report after VAP finalization the beneficiary will receive the remaining 50%. There is no specific limit to the sub-contracting budget.
Only one successful application per applicant SME will be funded by the INNOWWIDE CSA.