INNOVATION FUND – new calls open in November 2022 and April 2023
A new call for ‘large-scale’ projects is expected to be launched in November 2022 (deadline: March 2023). And the next call for ‘small-scale’ projects is expected to launch in April 2023 (deadline: September 2023).
The Innovation Fund finances breakthrough technologies for renewable energy, energy-intensive industries, energy storage, and the capture, use and storage of carbon. This fund gives impetus to the green recovery by creating local future-proof jobs, paving the way for climate neutrality and strengthening European technological leadership worldwide.
The focus of the Innovation Fund:
- Innovative low-carbon technologies and processes in energy-intensive industries, including products substituting carbon-intensive ones
- Innovative renewable energy generation
- Energy storage
- Carbon capture and storage (CCS)
- Carbon capture and utilisation (CCU)
To apply for the Innovation Fund, your project must meet the following criteria:
- Your project is highly effective in reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Your project is highly innovative.
- Your project has reached a certain level of maturity.
- Your innovation/project offers opportunities for wider application.
- Your project is cost effective.