Innovation and COVID-19: Meet the eHealthpass by Gnomon
𝗲𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗵𝗣𝗮𝘀𝘀 platform empowers citizens for 𝗖𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗗-𝟭𝟵 𝗶𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘇𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻. The solution facilitates a full management lifecycle of the immunization related documents in the vaccination sites and aims to streamline and speed up the COVID-19 vaccination process in the population.
Gnomon Informatics SA implemented and delivered a solution to enable the emergency vaccination process of all Irish Citizens against the SARS-CoV-2, responsible for the COVID-19 outbreak.
In particular, the proposed solution enables the following functionality and services:
- Collect and store all relevant documents related to the vaccination process into one central and open document repository by extending the Irish Affinity Domain created for exchanging patient summaries and electronic prescriptions for cross border. Those clinical documents refer to the prescription document, the vaccination dispensation documents for each shot and the vaccination certificate that can be issued for each Irish citizen.
- Create the documents needed to be stored in accordance with the respective guidelines of the European Union on patient summaries and electronic prescription, namely by using HL7 CDA formats and HL7 FHIR in the future. Those have been based on the data sets, data types, terminologies (i.e. SNOMED CT) and business rules provided by HSE.
- Create the needed connectivity for all point of care system to access the document repository, share the documents, retrieve the documents.
- Integration with national digital services, such as the Digital PostBox and the Innovation Print
- Provide the eHealthPass mobile application for all citizens that wish to register to the service (via IHI and other official eID mechanisms in Ireland), access their COVID-19 vaccination documents, provide or revoke consent, and keep and share their vaccination certificate.
- Create a clinical document repository that will allow any certified and consented user to access the data for public health and research purposes.
The solution reuses and expands
- The IHE XDS document registry created by Gnomon Informatics SA for cross-border healthcare use.
- The connectivity established with IHI for patient identification.
- The XDS document repository to allow storage and retrieval of the documents related to COVID-19 vaccination.
- The eHealthPass mobile application that can handle patient summaries, prescriptions and vaccination records, consent documents and vaccination certificates.
Are you interested in learning more information? Do not hesitate to contact us!
Digital Product Health Lead
Discover more about GNOMON Informatics:
GNOMON INFORMATICS S.A. is an innovative company headquartered in Thessaloniki, Greece. It provides solutions for patient empowerment and assisted independent living.
History indicates a solid 25-year-old software engineering background, delivering important national & EU projects.
GNOMON is the creator of eHealthPass, the patient centered platform that enables frictionless data flow across systems and clouds. Our company has the longstanding vision and inspiration to digitally transform healthcare, insurance and social care industries by unlocking the value of data and enabling the data economy.