IMI Project BEAMER Releases Webinar Recording “Non-adherence: Beliefs, Barriers & Burden” on YouTube
Watch the latest webinar on non-adherence as international expert panelists discuss the most relevant findings and insights on the subject.
Each year, non- or poor adherence contributes to approximately 200,000 premature deaths in the European Union and an estimated €125 billion in avoidable hospitalisations, emergency care and adult outpatient visits.
Innovative Medicines Initiative project BEAMER is embarking on a mission to build awareness of the issue and provide a sustainable solution for patients and health systems. That’s why the European consortium is proud to share the first of its monthly webinars on patient adherence.
This session starts the series off, focusing on:
- Non-adherence to Medical Plans as a Public Health Issue
- Adherence-related Beliefs and Barriers
- Clinical and Economic Impact of Non-Adherence
Guest speakers include:
- Professor John Weinman (Psychology as Applied to Medicines – King’s College London)
- Professor Rob Horne (Behavioural Medicine – University College London)
- Assistant Professor Job van Boven (Health Economics & Real-world Drug Outcome Research – University of Groningen)
Moderating the sessions is Professor Elísio Costas (University of Porto).
In the last 30 minutes of the webinar, you’ll have the chance to enjoy the open discussion with the speakers and other audience members.
If you’re curious about learning more about BEAMER and its aims, then visit the project website at www.beamerproject.eu
Watch the webinar now: