IMI Project BEAMER Releases Webinar Recording “Adherence in Clinical Practice” on YouTube
Watch the latest webinar on adherence as international expert panelists discuss the most relevant findings and insights on the subject.
Each year, non- or poor adherence contributes to approximately 200,000 premature deaths in the European Union and an estimated €125 billion in avoidable hospitalisations, emergency care and adult outpatient visits.
Innovative Medicines Initiative project BEAMER is embarking on a mission to build awareness of the issue and provide a sustainable solution for patients and health systems. That’s why the European consortium is proud to share its monthly webinars on patient adherence.
In our second session, we’ll focus on the following aspects:
- Adherence and Inappropriate Polypharmacy Management
- Adherence Levels in Clinical Practice as an Indicator of Quality of Care
- Standard Measures of Patient Adherence
Speakers will include:
- Alpana Mair, Head of Effective Prescribing and Therapeutics Division, Scottish Government. Associate Professor, Edinburgh Napier University
- Enrica Menditto, Director of CIRFF/ Center of Pharmacoeconomics and Drug Utilization Research University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Caitriona Cahir, Lecturer, Data Science Centre, School of Population Health Sciences, RCSI
Moderating the sessions will be Professor Elísio Costas (University of Porto).
In the last 30 minutes of the webinar, speakers and other audience members will be able to ask speakers various questions.
If you’re curious about learning more about BEAMER and its aims, then visit the project website at www.beamerproject.eu