The call published by the National Research, Development and Innovation Office aims to support the participation of Hungarian institutions in the international collaborative EUREKA projects by providing the necessary Hungarian funds.
Purpose of the call
The purpose of this scheme is to foster the participation of Hungarian undertakings in the EUREKA programme, which facilitates the international R&D cooperation of undertakings, in particular small and medium-sized enterprises, and thereby
- to increase the marketability of Hungarian enterprises,
- to strengthen Hungarian participation on an international level,
- to foster the R&D cooperation between research and the business world by supporting close-to-the-market projects, whereby prototypes or new products, technologies or services are developed,
- to promote the Hungarian utilisation of participation in international R&D projects.
Deadline for submission
Submissions are accepted electronically from the date of opening the online application template until 20 June 2019 and 15 October 2019, no later than 14:00 (CET). Submitted applications shall obtain EUREKA label by the following deadlines: 15 November 2019 for submissions by 20 June 2019, or 30 March 2020 for submissions by 15 October 2019. Applications which fail to get the label within the respective time limit will be rejected.
Hungarian support can be applied for by applicants who are listed in the database of the EUREKA Secretariat or the EUREKA cluster register as partners/consortium leaders of a EUREKA project proposal or approved project submitted by an international consortium, and this fact is evidenced by the Hungarian EUREKA National Project Coordinator. Hungarian partners participating in the same international EUREKA project shall apply for the Hungarian funding by forming a consortium. Individual applications can be submitted by enterprises only.
Legal entities with registered seat in Hungary or with registered seat in the European Economic Area and a branch office in Hungary may apply as specified below:
- business companies, non-profit companies and other economic organisations specified in the call, provided that they have at least 1 completed business year, maintain double-entry accounting and are not subject to the simplified entrepreneurial tax (EVA) or the small taxpayers’ itemized lump sum tax (KATA)
- denominational or private higher education institutions accredited by the state, qualifying as research and knowledge-dissemination organisations under Article 2 (83) of Council Regulation 651/2014/EU
- budgetary organs and budgetary entities, qualifying as research and knowledge-dissemination organisations under Article 2 (83) of Council Regulation 651/2014/EU.
The following activities are eligible for funding in projects to be implemented under the EUREKA programme:
- eligible for individual funding: applied (industrial) research, experimental development
- not eligible for individual funding: activities related to the publicity, coordination, market access, intellectual property rights of the project.
In order to achieve the objectives of the call the NRDI Office provides a support of HUF 500 million from the NRDI Fund. Projects can apply for non-refundable funding of minimum HUF 20 million and maximum HUF 70 million.
For further information on the participation in the international EUREKA programme check out the following websites or contact the EUREKA National Project Coordinator.