North West Coast Ecosystem Gatheirng
A member of the ECHAlliance International Connected Health Ecosystem Network
Over 200 delegates from across industry, academia, the NHS, Social Care, and wider public sector, gathered at Lancaster University in December to hear about the opportunities for collaboration, with the focus of transforming care through digital health.
The 17th Connected Health Ecosystem meeting was opened by a welcome and introduction from Liz Mear, Chief Executive, Innovation Agency who chaired the event.
Following the introduction, Professor Sumi Helal, Chair in Digital Health at Lancaster University spoke about the latest digital developments at Lancaster University.
Delegates then heard from a variety of public and private sector speakers who discussed the latest thinking, new developments and innovations.
- Dr Masood Ahmed, Chief Digital Officer, Health Innovation Network South London
- Professor George Crooks, Chief Executive Officer, Digital Health and Care Institute
- Karen Livingstone, Director of Innovation Exchange and SBRI Healthcare, NHS England
- Aaron Brizell, Population Health Programme Manager, Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Declan Hadley, Digital Lead, Healthier Lancashire & South CumbriaRob Halhead, Chief Operating Officer, Docobo Ltd
- Stuart Higgins, Head of Smart Cities and IoT, CISCO
You can view and download all of the presentations from the event below here.
The day finished with pitches from six invited SMEs; d2digital, Rinicare, Fastroi, Whzan, Monitor me and DrDoctor.
Attendees were then able to network over lunch and visit the exhibition stands of more than 20 SMEs.
The Innovation Agency would like to thank all colleagues who assisted in the organisation of the day, the speakers and delegates in attendance, and in particular the event partners, Lancaster University and the ECHAlliance.
You can follow the story of the day by searching #ECO17 on Twitter.