Global Business Innovation Programme on Digital Healthcare with USA
The Enterprise Europe Network is organising a fully funded visit to Texas, USA between 5 and 11 May 2019, targeted at innovative and ambitious businesses in the Digital Health Sector. The visit is funded by UK Research and Innovation through the Innovation Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) and forms part of the Global Business Innovation Programme. The closing date for submitting your application is 6 March 2019 at 11.59PM.
The 5-day visit will include:
- Programme arranged by The UK’s Department for International Trade & British Consulate in Houston, at the Texas Medical Centre (TMC), focusing on various facets of running a health-related business in USA e.g. clinical trials, FDA regulations, hospital procurement, commercial pilots, etc.
- Visit to Austin to pitch to various hospital systems and partners, access to R&D institutions, and 1-1 meetings with local consultants
- Networking and pitching opportunities with leading edge US businesses and potential investors
- Expert perspectives from key players in the US Health Sector – introduction to the US market and regulatory framework
- Innovative UK based SME’s, active in all areas of the Digital Health Sector are invited to submit applications.
Texas, the second largest economy in the US with a GDP of $1.65 trillion, sees Healthcare as a core sector. Home to nearly 4,000 life sciences and research firms, Houston hosts 134 hospitals and medical centres across its metropolitan region.
Houston – TMC the world’s largest medical centre. The 2 square mile campus comprises; 61 non-profit medical institutions, including 21 hospitals, 8 academic & research institutions, 4 medical schools & 7 nursing schools. TMC produces a self-contained GDP of $25 billion annually.
Members include: the world’s largest cancer hospital and largest children’s hospital, the Baylor College of Medicine, top-flight training, research, clinical institutions and the TMC Innovation Institute including TMCx (top ranking accelerator), Johnson & Johnson Center for Device Institute, and AT&T Foundry.
Austin is growing fast with a burgeoning reputation as a healthcare, health technology and life sciences centre. It is home to 9 publicly traded healthcare company headquarters.
FOCUS OF VISIT
The visit will focus on the following topics:
- UK companies looking to develop research / for funding
- UK companies exploring internationalisation opportunities
- UK companies interested in establishing a US presence
Participating businesses will receive: Flights, six nights’ hotel accommodation, and subsistence (one representative per company).
ITINERARY (subject to change)
Sunday 5 May Fly UK – Houston
Monday 6 – Wednesday 8 May TMC, Houston
Thursday 9th – Friday 10th May Austin
Saturday 11th May Fly Austin – UK
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME
- Fully funded visit to Texas & full informative programme at two centers
- Network with potential Investors and top Digital Health experts
- Pre-visit workshop: expert advice on how to refine your pitch and protect your IP
- Access post-visit support to capitalise on the opportunities from the programme
Each successful applicant will pay a commitment fee of £500, to be returned on completion of the programme and the agreed action plan. Non-attendance after formal acceptance will result in forfeiting some or all of the fee.
To participate in this visit, your business must be an SME established in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date for submitting your application is 6 March 2019 at 11.59PM. Find out more here
Places are limited. Applications will be evaluated by a panel. You will be notified of the outcome on 13th March 2019