Extended deadline! Open Call for the IN-4-AHA Living Lab Testing Scheme
IN-4-AHA released its first Open Call for the IN-4-AHA Living Lab Testing Scheme on 1 April. The initial deadline of 30 April has now been postponed to 14 May. Please get in touch with us if you wish to receive more information about your application or the process.
The objective of IN-4-AHA Open Call is to facilitate the scalability of innovative solutions in active and healthy ageing across EU. It offers testing opportunities and business coaching for innovative and scalable solutions. User-centred cross-border testing of selected innovations will be done in e-environments and physical spaces in Finland and Spain.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for:
- Scalable digital or technology-supported innovation to test according to real-life needs.
- Solutions offered to real users. Technology maturity level TRL5 or higher.
- The end-users of the solution have to be seniors (65 and older), formal or informal caregivers for seniors, or organisations offering services to seniors.
- Particularly in the following fields:
– mHealth solutions for active and healthy ageing
– smart age-friendly homes and independent living
– chronic disease management
Who can apply?
The eligible applicant must be legally registered in a Member State of the European Union or in a Horizon 2020 associated country.
- SMEs, start-ups, large companies, universities, research and technology centred and other organisations.
The eligible solution is a digital or technology-support innovation for active and healthy ageing.
Please first read the detailed information about the Open Call from the launch document and fill in the application form below.
What do the 5 finalists receive?
The five finalists receive
- testing opportunities with users in living labs in Finland and Spain
- business coaching for scaling up from an international coaching team
- feedback and report based on the user-centred testing in Finland and in Spain
- visibility on IN-4-AHA webpage
All applicants receive
- IN-4-AHA network partners offer services for all the applicants eligible for their innovation and business support programs.
1-5 points are awarded to the following criteria:
Team behind the solution (weight 25 %)
- For example clear vision and strategy, skills and competences, resources
Solution (weight 25 %)
- For example novelty, PCC, TRL 5 or higher
Scalability (weight 25 %)
- “CORRECT” adapted from WHO (2009)
Business potential (weight 25 %)
- For example size and growth of the potential market
See the details of the open call from the Launch of an Open Call for the IN-4-AHA Living lab testing scheme here:
April 1, 2021:
Launching of the Call
May 14, 2021:
Extended deadline for applications
May 1 to 16, 2021:
Evaluation period, requests for additional information
Selection of the finalists
May 17 to 28, 2021:
Preliminary discussions and agreements
From June to December 2021:
From August to December 2021:
Xamk Active Life Lab
- Testing services at Xamk Active Life Lab (pdf)
- Xamk Active Life Lab (website)
CSG Cluster Saúde de Galicia
- Testing services at CSG (pdf)
- CSG Cluster Saúde de Galicia (website)