What is ECRD?
ECRD – the European Conference on Rare Diseases & Orphan Products is the largest multi-stakeholder gathering in Europe for the rare disease community covering research, development of new treatments, healthcare, social care, public health policies and support at European, national, regional and international levels.
When and where?
ECRD 2018 will take place on 10-12 May 2018, at Messe Wien Congress Center, Vienna, Austria.
What is on the programme?
“Rare Diseases 360° – collaborative strategies to leave no-one behind” is the overarching theme of ECRD 2018. This theme reinforces the unique quality of this foremost event for the rare disease community in Europe, bringing together and facilitating effective policy discussions between all rare disease stakeholders. It also encompasses the comprehensive range of topic areas covered at the conference and the viewpoint of rare disease patients as equal experts, representing all rare diseases, across borders.
ECHAlliance is glad to be part of the programme. Join us at the session Digital Strategy in Europe - Breaking down the barriers:
SESSION 0303, Saturday 12 May 2018 | 09:00-10:30
DIGITAL STRATEGY IN EUROPE – BREAKING DOWN THE BARRIERS
Digital technologies are transforming cross-border health care and o ering new hope to patients living with rare diseases. This session will show how EU policies are supporting the implementation of digital health solutions and the use of health data for research and innovation.
Session Chair: Justina Januševičienė, Executive for the development of health care technologies and innovations, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Lithuania
- Challenge the European Commission from the European Reference Networks and healthcare professionals point of view – Feedback on their discussions on how to interact with industry and on the European Reference Networks roadmap in between
- European Joint Programme
- Digital Health Society
- Exchanges of national experiences – data sharing between countries
- Future policy-shaping
- Tapani Piha, Head of Unit, Cross-border healthcare and e-Health, DG SANTE, Luxembourg
- Brian O’Connor, European Connected Health Alliance, UK
- Henrique Martins, CEO, Shared Services of the Ministry of Health, Portugal
- Zoi Kolitisi, eHealth strategist, eGov senior policy advisor, a liated member of the Information Security Laboratory of the Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Event languages: Simultaneous interpretation and live streaming of the Opening and Plenary sessions on 11 May 2018 will be available in: ENGLISH, FRENCH & GERMAN.
Sponsorship opportunities: download the packages here
Learn more about the programe here