- This event has passed.
Transforming Lives Through Innovation Annual Conference
9th May 2019
Please join us, NHS colleagues and industry innovators at our annual conference as we discuss how we can work together to meet the challenges of the NHS Long Term Plan, introduce you to exciting new innovations and tell you more about the work we have underway to improve the health and prosperity of our region.
Our Transforming Lives Through Innovation Conference is the perfect opportunity for you to:
- Discuss important health and care priorities and opportunities for our region in break-out sessions on ‘Patient Flow & Winter Pressures,’ ‘Transforming Mental Healthcare Through Innovation,’ ‘Improving Patient Safety Through Culture Change’ and ‘Putting People’s Voices at the Centre of Care.’
- Network with NHS colleagues and industry innovators from across the region.
- Get an update on Yorkshire & Humber AHSN’s progress and achievements over the past year and help to shape our future priorities.
- Meet the exciting innovators who we’ve selected to take part in Propel@YH, Yorkshire’s first digital health accelerator.
In the afternoon you’ll be able to choose between ONE of four break-out sessions:
- Patient Flow & Winter Pressures
In this session you’ll be introduced to new innovations that are helping to achieve improved patient flow and combat winter pressures. As well as presenting new innovations (e.g. from the AAC and ITP), the discussion will help stimulate feedback from the delegates about how effective they believe the innovations are and any missing innovations which they’d like to see. The workshop will also feature the ‘relaunch’ of the Innovation Exchange Portal which is being redeveloped to make it more user friendly and intuitive for partners.
- Transforming Mental Healthcare Through Innovation
The workshop will demonstrate innovations available in mental healthcare and the opportunities they present.
- Improving Patient Safety Through Culture Change
The workshop will provide an opportunity to learn from leading researchers in culture change. Discussion will lead to improved understanding and enhanced practice in improving patient safety through culture change. The content will include a series of case studies where safety culture has been instilled. The workshop will also feature a ‘live’ environment for delegates to experience a ‘Safety Huddle.’
- Putting People’s Voices at the Centre of Care
The session will focus on the patient’s view of NHS systems and services. Whilst it’s important to gauge the views of key NHS-related stakeholders, it’s equally important to listen to ‘the patient.’ This session will run in conjunction with Healthwatch Leeds to showcase work being undertaken to fulfil Healthwatch’s mission of “Putting People’s Voices at the Centre of Care,” and help capture public views on the best way to drive this work forward.
To register for this event please go here.