- This event has passed.
South Denmark eHealth ECOsystem Gathering
12th September 2019
Theme: Artificial intelligence has significant potential for the future healthcare sector. Join the conference and get inspired by state-of-the-art use of artificial intelligence within acute medicine, prehospital care and imaging diagnostics.
Location: Syddansk Sundhedsinnovation, Forskerparken 10 G, 5230 Odense M
Target group: Everyone with an interest in technology, particularly clinicians, decision-makers, industry partners or researchers searching for inspiration for their next research project
Language: primarily Danish.
Artificial Intelligence in the Future Healthcare Sector
Artificial intelligence is already here and it is already used but the potential for artificial intelligence in the future healthcare sector is massive.
A significant prerequisite for utilising the potential is that clinicians, developerss and decision-makers know what artificial intelligence is and has an understanding of what it can be used for, as well as what it cannot.
At the AI conference you will meet clinicians, researchers and companies, who will present use cases for artificial intelligence within acute medicine, prehospital care and imaging diagnostics. You will also meet representatives from leading AI companies who have developed the technology that can handle large quantities of data, self-improve and interact with us humans on our terms. We will conclude the conference with an ethical debate about the challenges and dilemmas of using AI.
- Welcome by KURT ESPERSEN, Ph.D, Chief Operating Officer, MD, Region of Southern Denmark
- Application of AI for clinical decision-making – from idea to operations by METTE MARIA SKJØTH, Ph.D., Senior Project Manager, CIMT, Odense University Hospital, and CLAUS DUEDAL PEDERSEN, Chief Consultant, CIMT, Odense University Hospital – Danish
- Can We Produce Human-Level Machine Intelligence? A Reflection on Lessons Learnt from Clinical Machine Learning and AI in Practice by ESMAEIL S. NADIMI, Ph.D Professor, MSO, University of Southern Denmark- English
- Patient-oriented Clinical Radiology AI by OLE GRAUMANN, Ph.D., Head of Research, Clinical Associate Professor, Chief Physician, Odense University Hospital, and ROBERT LAURITZEN, CEO & Co-Founder, Cerebriu A/S – Danish
- Are we as a country ready to embrace the development of new technologies within the healthcare sector? by JACOB HØY BERTHELSEN, Ph.D., Founder & CEO, Enversion – Danish
- Artificial intelligence in a European perspective and the possibilities for funding by ALLAN NORDBY OTTESEN, EU-consultant within health- and welfare innovation and digitalization, South Denmark European Office, Brussels – Danish
- Digital solutions at the Emergency rescue (ER) department from a patient perspective by MATHIAS KARLSSON, Ph.D Chief Medical Officer, IBM Nordic – English
- Building an End-to-End Machine Learning System for Augmenting Healthcare Personnel by LARS MAALØE, Ph.D Chief Technology Officer, Corti – Danish
- Perspectives for use of AI in general practice by BENJAMIN S. B. RASMUSSEN, Ph.D., MD, Department of Radiology, Odense University Hospital, and MARTIN BACH JENSEN, Ph.D., General Practitioner, Professor, Centre for General Practice, Aalborg University – Danish
- The art of finding the needle in a burning haystack by THOMAS SCHMIDT, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller Institute, University of Southern Denmark – Danish
- User involvement in innovation and participatory design by JANE CLEMENSEN, Ph.D., Head of Researcg, Assistant Professor, Professor of Pediatrics, University of Southern Denmark – Danish
- Ethical Debate by OLE GRAUMANN, Ph.D., Head Research, Clinical Associate Professor, Chief Physician, Odense University Hospital; ROBERT LAURITZEN, CEO & Co-Founder, Cerebriu A/S; OLE KJELDSEN, Director of Technology and Security, Microsoft; BIRGITTE CLAIRE TUNNING, Health & Watson Health Leader, IBM Nordic; CHRISTIAN MERCADO, Head of Unit, Digital Innovation, Health Innovation Centre of Southern Denmark; JACOB HØY BERTHELSEN, Ph.D Founder & CEO, Enversion; LARS MAALØE, Ph.D Chief Technology Officer, Corti; THOMAS SCHMIDT, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller Institute, University of Southern Denmark.
Read more about the speakers and program here
Register: ECHAlliance members wishing to attend should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The event is hosted by: MedCom, Welfare Tech, Region of Southern Denmark and the Health Innovation Centre of Southern Denmark.
Learn more about the South DENMARK eHealth ECOsystem