- This event has passed.
European Parliament’s Interest Group on Innovation in Health and Social Care
1st October 2020 @ 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Join us for the virtual roundtable of EP Interest Group on Innovation in Health and Social Care
- MEP Tudor Ciuhodaru (Romania, S&D)
- MEP Irena Joveva (Slovenia, Renew Europe)
- MEP Tomislav Sokol (Croatia, EPP)
Transforming healthcare: A European healthcare workforce
The COVID-19 outbreak has shown the vulnerabilities of European healthcare systems and highlighted the need for a common and coordinated response to health threats. It is time to act, it is time for EU Member States and EU institutions to jointly boost actions in support of European healthcare workforce.
Health First Europe together with the co-chairs of the EP Interest Group on Innovation in Health and Social Care would like to give its concrete contribution to the debate on transforming healthcare, starting from its workers.
This virtual meeting will involve a broad and diverse range of health stakeholders to formulate concrete proposals for the future of a strong European Health Union.
Key issues to be discussed:
- Ensuring health workers in Europe have the competencies and equipment to tackle disease outbreaks
- Harmonising knowledge and education to increase uniformity of standard across Europe and facilitate a joint and cross-border response to future public health threats
- Revising health professionals’ training curricula to make use of ICT solutions and utilise the potential of Artificial Intelligence in patient-centred care
- Putting in place concrete solutions to tackle the uneven distribution of healthcare systems capacity, including health care workers
For information – please contact us [email protected]