The Health Cluster in the South-West Oltenia Region was established on March 20 th, 2015, the management entity being the South-West Oltenia Regional Development Agency.
The South-West Oltenia Regional Development Agency assumes a catalytic role in coagulating this partnership, by creating a dialogue framework between the main actors in the health sector and related sectors, ensuring the visibility of the cluster, joint application to programs and projects and encourage the members to carry out projects for the development of the health sector and related sectors.
Currently, the Health Cluster in the South-West Oltenia Region has a number of 16 members:
- South-West Oltenia Regional Development Agency, as a catalyst;
- educational and research institutions, such as the University of Craiova – Faculty of Physical Education and Sports and the University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova;
- medical offices;
- travel agencies;
- accommodation operators;
- treatment bases;
- public authorities.
Territory: South-West Oltenia Region, counties: Dolj, Olt, Vâlcea, Gorj and Mehedinţi.
The management entity South-West Oltenia Regional Development Agency (SW Oltenia RDA) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization, of public utility, established in 1999 according to the Romanian Law No. 315/2004 regarding the regional development in Romania. The Agency’s mission is to facilitate and promote the development of the South-West Oltenia Region.
The Agency supports the development interests of local communities, being the bridge between them, the national authorities and the relevant European institutions.
Understanding the importance of collaboration between the business environment, research organizations, universities and public authorities, South-West Oltenia RDA initiated the establishment of six clusters in strategic areas within our region. One of these sectors is the healthcare sector which has a special importance and which can be capitalized through our collaboration and through the funding sources available in this regard such as European Commission programs, for example COSME, HORIZON 2020 and operational programs.
- Strengthen cooperation between cluster members, efficient use of resources;
- Increasing competitiveness in the healthcare sector;
- Promoting and supporting regional enterprises in the healthcare sector;
- Qualification, improvement and specialization of the workforce in the healthcare sector and in the adjacent fields;
- Attracting foreign investments in the region, by carrying out economic missions in order to identify economic partners in the healthcare sector;
- Establishing business partnerships and making investments with foreign capital;
- Facilitating the entry of economic agents from the region into new markets, through complex internationalization actions and participation in business events, mainly in the members countries of the European Union and not only;
- Participation in trade fairs and events in order to increase exports of goods and services in the health tourism sector;
- Attracting European funds for the development of production activities and services in the healthcare sector;
- Development of investment projects for production, services and technology transfer;
- Developing a research-development-innovation platform and facilitating technological transfer and innovation to the private sector;
- Increasing the economic potential of the cluster.
South-West Oltenia Regional Development Agency, as a partner of the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) is member of the Healthcare Sector Group within the EEN;
The Health Cluster in the South-West Oltenia Region is member of MEDRo Romanian Network of Clusters in the medical field.