The idea behind the creation of the ecosystem is to accelerate innovation within the healthcare system for the benefit of the Moldovan society in general. Each of the funding members brought a unique expertise and outreach to various stakeholders. “Nicolae Testemitanu” State University of Medicine and Pharmacy is the sole institution preparing medical doctors in Moldova, as well as the only provider of lifelong learning education to them, with clinics hosted by major hospitals and long-lasting research traditions. It is the most internationalized HEI in Moldova, with around 40% of foreign students enrolled. Start-up Moldova is the main promoter of the start-up culture in Moldova, providing infrastructure and programs that are in place to support digitalization and startup mindset, linking Moldova’s Startup Ecosystem with global opportunities. National Family Doctors’ Association represents the interests of the practicing family doctors, being at the forefront of introducing many innovations within the national healthcare system. Moldovan Association for Personalized Medicine is a strong supporter of adopting the principles of 4P medicine in Moldova, including via a widespread usage of technology. The intention for the near future is to open the ecosystem for private sector representatives from health and IT sectors.
- Developing a brokerage platform to facilitate co-creation, technological transfer and innovation in health
- Elaborate, demonstrate and implement digital solutions in healthcare,
- Supporting domestic life sciences-related start-ups and spin-offs
- Promoting strategic public-private cooperation in the healthtech area
- Increase internationalization and connection to international health-related innovation networks.