The Highlands and Islands Ecosystem for mental health and active healthy ageing is a new collaborative network bringing together academic expertise, industry partners from SMEs to major international companies, health and social care professionals from across the NHS, local government, voluntary sector, and patient and service user representatives.
The Ecosystem is coordinated by the Scottish Rural Health Partnership and Highlands and Islands Enterprise, and will play a key role in bringing together key organisation and people with an interest in rural mental health and/or active healthy ageing, creating a platform for sharing new and important policy development, research, funding opportunities and innovations, with the aim of becoming ‘bid ready’. All our meetings are held in Inverness with the opportunity to join-in online.
- To accelerate knowledge exchange and information sharing
- To offer opportunities to participate in research, development and implementation programmes relating to rural mental health and active healthy ageing
- To avoid unnecessary duplication
- To provide innovation and economic growth through access to rural mental health and active health ageing knowledge transfer and expertise
- To aid policy development in rural mental health and active healthy ageing
- To enable the growth of opportunities, including interactions and collaborations at European and international level
- To become ‘bid ready’.