The European Connected Health Alliance
is the trusted connector platform
Facilitating international multi-stakeholder connections around ecosystems, driving sustainable change and disruption in the delivery of health and social care.
With a direct presence in 25+ countries including spread Europe, USA, Canada and China, the ECHAlliance members develop innovative solutions around mobile health, chronic diseases, active & healthy ageing, Internet of Things, wearables, personalised medicine, genomics, Big Data. Our wide impact can be seen on www.echalliance.com
We are a not-for-profit organisation.
The ECHAlliance is a Community Interest Company (CIC) registered in Belfast – Northern Ireland (UK).
PROVIDE KNOWLEDGE & INTELLIGENCE
We provide information, news, reports, market surveys, insights about the markets, the solutions, the latest technology trends, business and research opportunities, etc…
We work closely with the European Commission and national/regional governments, for the design of public policies and strategies about Digital Health, Wellness and Active & Healthy Ageing / Silver Economy.
CONNECT & NETWORK
We are a large community of 15,000+ individuals and 400+ member organisations, gathering governments & policy-makers, health & social care providers & professionals, companies (large, Start-ups, SMEs), universities & research centres, public & private insurers, patients & citizens representatives and investors.
We support our members along their innovation process, from the identification of unmet needs, the specifications by users (professionals, patients/citizens) and funders, to the development of innovative products and services with high-level experts in numbers of sectors, such as IT, web technologies, medical devices, pharma, genomics, clinical teams, big data, Internet of Things, wearables, mHealth, …
IMPLEMENT & SCALE-UP
We have built a large international Ecosystem distribution network, able to support policy-makers and insurances in identifying the best solutions to their needs, and the companies to commercialize and scale-up their solutions. We have designed a specific pathway facilitated by the enabling environment of our Ecosystems, accelerating the implementation of innovative solutions.
COMMUNICATE & DISSEMINATE
We promote the deployment of the Digital Health, Wellness and Active & Healthy Ageing / Silver Economy solutions. We showcase our members’ projects and activities on an international scene, thanks to multi-channel set of communication tools (web platform, social networks, events, workshops, media…).
All our activities are deployed at large scale, in 25+ regions and countries, across Europe, USA, Canada and China. Our impact and presence have been shown at the Digital Health & Wellness Summit @ Mobile World Congress 16 Barcelona and Shanghai.
Our multi-stakeholders community
Our community gathers 500+ member organisations and 15,000+ experts and includes:
Governments and Policy-makers
At national, regional and/or local levels, with their agencies and intermediaries. Examples: national/regional ministry-department and agencies of Health, national/regional ministry-department of Industry/Innovation, local authorities, city councils…
Health & Social Care Providers
Examples: hospitals, housing, GPs & nurses, paramedics, private clinics, social workers…
From large industry to Start-ups & SMEs. Examples: companies from various sectors such as IT & Telco, healthcare services, pharma, wellness services, medtechs, devices industry, wearables & Internet of Things, automotive & transport, smart home & building, design, leisure & culture… Clusters, incubators/accelerators, technology or science parks and trade associations…
Universities, Research centres and engineering/business schools
Examples: like for companies, researchers involved in eHealth/AHA are coming from number of sectors, as IT/informatics, biomechanics, biology, medicine, engineering, economy, sociology, design, psychology, statistics, mathematics, transport, nutrition, physical activity, building and materials…
Funders of health & social care (public & private)
Examples: public social insurances, private insurances, mutual funds, pension funds, banks with insurance activities, local public authorities funding health & social care services…
Patients, citizens and families
Examples: associations of seniors, specific diseases (diabetes, cardio-vascular…), associations of citizens, communities…
Examples: venture capital, private equity, impact investors, large companies catalyst funds, foundations, charities, business angels, banks…
Examples: voluntary organisations, NGOs…
As an example, some of our members:
Our International Network of Ecosystems
An ECHAlliance Ecosystem is, on a geographical area (region or country), a permanent multi-stakeholders group committed to work together on a regular basis (4 meetings per year), in order to implement, within the health & social care system, innovative solutions targeting an improvement of the quality of health status and well-being of citizens, of the efficiency and the sustainability of the system and generating business activities growth and jobs creation. Since 2011, the ECHAlliance has developed, with the support of the European Commission, a methodology and approach on how to set up and manage ecosystems in more than 25 locations (with other ecosystems launching in 2016).
- Geographic coherence (a city, a region or a country)
- Multi-stakeholders group: policy-makers, regulators, companies (large and start-ups/SMEs), universities and education institutions, citizens/patients’ representatives, public and private insurances, investors, services providers…
- Permanent group with regular meetings (4 times a year at least)
- Commitment around a strategic and action plan
- Governance through a working group gathering all categories of stakeholders (no-owned by anyone organisation, collective leadership) with ECHAlliance as “honest broker” in facilitation role.
- Improvement of the health status and the quality of life of patients & citizens;
- Improvement of the working conditions of health & social care professionals;
- Tackle major challenges such as the demographic change, the chronic diseases, the coordination of care, the prevention and promotion of public health, etc.;
- Accelerate the adoption of innovative solutions;
- Ensure the sustainability of the health & social care systems, by increasing their efficiency and identifying innovative financial and business models;
- Foster innovation from all stakeholders, encouraging the cross-sectors cooperation and promoting the creation and use of evidence-based solutions;
- Support the development of business activities, entrepreneurship and the creation of jobs.
Cooperate through our international network
ECHAlliance Ecosystems don’t operate alone. Their regional focus facilitates close cooperation on local challenges, but through collaboration across our International Network we can extend this work across borders. The ECHAlliance International Network connects 25+ established and developing Ecosystems. The scale of the International Network is unparalleled: in Europe alone, our Ecosystems facilitate more than 100 meetings each year, each of these meetings involving around 150 participants. ECHAlliance facilitates Ecosystems coordinators meetings to maximise the cross-ecosystems collaboration and knowledge transfer.
In addition to the regional Ecosystems meetings, the ECHAlliance has initiated several international events such as the Digital Health & Wellness Summit (DHWS) during the Mobile World Congress, which gathers 100,000+ participant in Barcelona and 40,000+ in Shanghai. The ECHAlliance also leads on organisation of several meetings in partnership with other organisations, such as the European Commission, as for instance the eHealth week (member of the organising committee of Amsterdam 2016), events around the EIP AHA, such as the EU Summit on Innovation for Active & Healthy Ageing (March 2015).
Online platform “Global Connector”
ECHAlliance developed in 2015 our new online platform called “Global Connector”. This web tool has been developed on the basis of the needs expressed by the members of the ECHAlliance community. The Global Connector is a dedicated web platform supporting all our activities. It allows our members to continue in the digital world the activities they develop during our Ecosystems meetings, our international events or projects workshops.
The Global Connector is at the same time:
- Professional Social Network & global community manager, managing profiles internationally, and connecting stakeholders directly;
- Marketplace & Showroom, to showcase solutions, disseminate evaluation results and case studies, and publish tenders and opportunities;
- Intelligence tool, to find relevant information and insights on the Digital Health, Wellness and Active & Healthy Ageing markets and more recent research results;
- Events manager, to enable physical and online (webinars) conferences, workshops, focus groups, using well proven and existing platforms.
Presentation ECHAlliance - download HERE